Job description / Role
Our client is a listed multinational business in the manufacturing industry based in Dubai.
They are currently looking for the business-critical role of Credit Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience from a MNC to head up the Credit team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Presiding over the credit worthiness of prospective and the existing portfolio of customers in accordance with corporate policies and risk management strategy
* Oversight of the debt collection process and where appropriate the collection of customer debts as they fall due.
* Where debts cannot be collected through normal credit control activities, instigate and control the litigation process.
* Responsible for the monitoring of debt in dispute and the timely resolution of disputed items.
* Calculation of the provision for doubtful debts to ensure the asset is correctly stated in the financial statements.
* Responsible for meeting Group and statutory reporting deadlines
* Input to and the implementation of finance and business strategies to promote sustainable year on year profitability growth.
* Responsible for the optimisation of the working capital in accounts receivable of the business with a view to continuous process improvements.
* Maintain an acceptable level of credit risk management as dictated by the region’s credit policy.
* Analyse all credit applications to determine terms of sale, credit limits and risk levels.
* Review customer accounts on a regular basis to ensure continued compliance with the region’s credit policy.
* Review annually key customer accounts to re-establish lines of credit and terms of sale.
* Maintain, monitor and pursue all Lien and Bond rights to protect the Client’s investment in the region.