Rosewood Abu Dhabi is hiring for the Assistant Front Desk Manager position. We are looking for a refined and engaging professional to perform the daily responsibilities within the Front Desk and assists where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests and associates. Support the management of all aspects of the Front of House functions, in accordance with hotel standards. Upholds a service and management philosophy which guides respective staff toward meeting hotel standards.
While at work, (and while on work premises) an associate shall:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of a person and the workplace, that may be affected by their acts or omission at work;
- Cooperate with full compliance with Hotel’s developed OSHMS policies, OSHMS procedures & operational works instruction in order to protect the health and safety of the people.
- Report to immediate supervisor any situation which they have reason to believe could present a hazards and which they cannot themselves correct;
- Report all OSH incidents and work related injuries; and
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided (e.g. Equipment & machineries, PPE, etc.) at the Hotel’s workplace in the interest of health, safety, welfare or protection or management of the workplace.
- Participate in conduct of OSH related planning and implementation in order to achieve the Hotel’s OSH objectives, targets & program.
- Attend all training arranged by Hygiene, Health & Safety Manager such as OSH training, safety Induction, on the job training, tool box talks, etc.
- Held accountable and committed whatever it takes to comply with the company’s OSHMS Policies, OSHMS Procedure, & Operational Works Instruction and any other relevant legislation applies within the organization.
- Held accountable to take care of his own health and safety, other person in the workplace that may be affected by their acts or omission at work.
- To report to his supervisor or respective Manager.
- Experience: Minimum two years’ experience, preferably in a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel.
- Education: High school diploma.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Familiarity with yields management and cost controls; ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy, prioritize and organize, be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment, follow directions thoroughly, understand guest’s service needs, work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team, work with minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data, ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training, direct performance of associates and follow up with corrections when needed, input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.