Job role insights
Abu Dhabi UAE
د.إ 0 - د.إ 0/hours
We are currently looking to hire UAE National for the below position.
- Job title : G/L Fixed Assets Accountant
- Salary package AED 20 – 25 K (All inclusive)
- Maintains the fixed asset system by supervising the recording of all items in the system, keeps pertinent records and ensures adequate treatment of fixed asset acquisitions and retirements.
- Reviews the provisional Handing Over Certificate (in case of Buildings) for completeness, accuracy and authorization. Also, matches the Purchase Order with the Delivery Note and Vendor’s Invoice, where applicable.
- Conducts physical verification of fixed asset and accordingly reconciles assets physically verified with the books of accounts.
- Prepares requests for creation of new general ledger account code and new vendor or customer account; and makes amendments /deletions of accounts when required.
- Records assets in fixed assets system and general ledger a/c and posts all depreciation to general ledger a/c on a monthly basis. Records capital works in progress in the fixed asset module.
- Prepares monthly Depreciation Schedule and Fixed Assets Movement ,accurately and within timelines.
- Performs cost analysis and tracking of projects and works with field offices on placing assets in-service.
- Review handling over certificates for new assets and prepare cost calculation for recording investment property at cost as per accounting policy.
- Facilitates monthly reconciliation between fixed assets, sub-ledger and general ledger Reviews purchases of all equipment and records capital equipment, building and renovation projects in the company fixed asset system.
- Deletes traded-in, lost, destroyed, sold, etc., fixed assets from the fixed asset system after obtaining the necessary approval as per the DOA.
- Works with Purchasing department to ensure capital equipment is tagged as property upon receipt.
- Prepares work in progress accounts for correct allocation and capitalization of completed project.
- Coordinates the receipt of information on new assets with the Accounts Payable Section and ensures that all information received is correct and complete.
- Review bank book and bank statement and prepare bank reconciliation statement.
- Evaluates and recommends changes in fixed assets system and policy and procedures and identifies areas that could result in operational cost savings.
- Prepares accounting entries / supporting documents for Investment Property based on instructions received from Finance Manager.
- Prepares and completes list of task on monthly, quarterly and annually as per the GL Task List.
- Prepares separate and consolidated financial statements for the organization and its subsidiaries along with the related notes to the financial statement that ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with relevant accounting standards (e.g., IFRSs).
- Spearheaded the annual audit process, coordinating with external auditors to provide necessary documentation and support. Ensuring that the audit findings are addressed promptly, and financial statements are audited without significant issues.
- Manage the entire process of accounting for investment in equity instruments (FVTOCI) from recognition, derecognition and remeasurement in accordance with IFRS 9.
- Provide insightful financial analysis to the senior management (e.g., FM, CFO and Audit Committee) of the actual current year’s performance as compared to previous year.
- Performs any other relevant task as directed by CFO , Finance Manager
- UAE National only
- Gender – Male
Interested in this job?
20 days left to apply