[sc name=”320×320″ ]
This position is open to both Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
- Supporting irregular operations (aircraft emergencies and incidents).
- Controlling Foreign Object Debris (FOD) on the airfield through the use of specialized FOD removal equipment and manual techniques.
- Maintaining storm water drainage systems.
- Monitoring and conducting surface inspections and repairs of asphalt and concrete on the airport’s runways, taxiways, aprons and airside roads.
- Maintaining perimeter fences, road safety equipment (barriers and other traffic control devices) and seaplane facilities.
- Operating heavy equipment on the airfield to maintain grass and signs, in compliance with wildlife, safety, and security mandates.
- Assisting with equipment maintenance, special events and projects.
- Providing snow and ice control through the application of specialized de-icing chemicals and/or aggregates and operating heavy snow removal equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- A strong concern for the health and safety of self and others.
- Strong work ethic with a high level of initiative and enthusiasm, and an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment Exceptional interpersonal skills, including communication
- and judgment, are required so that operational issues are addressed in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to safely operate heavy equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical and medical exam Class 3 Drivers License with Air Brake endorsement Clear Drivers Abstract Ongoing requirement for: maintaining fitness levels and maintaining all security clearances, passes and certifications
- The ability to work safely and effectively under pressure.
- Effective and efficient computer skills in an MS Office operating environment.
- A team player, capable of working both collaboratively and independently.
- Two years of recent, related experience supplemented by a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some post-secondary education would be an asset); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]