[sc name=”320×320″ ]
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
- Collaborate with all departments and stakeholders to develop comprehensive communications plans and provide counsel to support strategic priorities.
- Coordinate with various levels of government to organize media events and announcements.
- Promote, protect and enhance the reputation and YVR brand through media relations, issues management and public affairs activities.
- Provide project management for key communications initiatives and programs.
- Represent the Airport Authority on industry committees and multi-agency teams Lead event planning and execution for marketing communications initiatives.
- Manage proactive communications and relationships with key media; maximize opportunities with media and policy leaders in positioning key executives, programs and special projects.
- Assist with issues management on behalf of the organization, identify, monitor and execute response strategies.
- Crisis Communications Plan Handle media inquiries, provide key talking points and coach executives prior to media interviews.
- Draft media materials including news releases, backgrounders, corporate positions on various matters, speeches Produce and disseminate written materials for internal and external publications and all online communications tools, including website, blog, social media and intranet.
- Share responsibility of 24/7 media and social media coverage with key members of the team.
- Assist with development, revision and testing of the Airport Authority’s.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet very tight deadlines in an environment with conflicting priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and keen sense of priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with experience writing media materials, articles, speeches, and other types of business communications for a variety of audiences—technical writing an asset.
- A strong understanding of how earned, owned, paid and social media can work independently and together to advance the organization’s goals.
- Proven track record of managing successful local and national media relations, and experience handling sensitive and confidential issues.
- Proven ability to develop media relationships in order to enhance awareness and image of the organization.
- Knowledge of and experience managing social media and owned media channels, including web publishing.
- Five to seven years of experience in communications with an agency or corporation, supplemented by a degree in Communications or a related field (or a combination of a diploma in Journalism or Public Relations and experience in public relations); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Significant experience managing media and crisis communications while working closely with senior executives.
- Proven issues management and crisis communications response required.
- Operations experience an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai