[sc name=”320×320″ ]
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
- Lead in coordinating all departmental translation needs using translation agency for website, signage and other materials as appropriate.
- Responding to all inquiries/comments and/or coordinating with appropriate departments for response/action Identifying growing/pending issues.
- Providing social media services for YVR including: Community manager of all YVR Social channels – French Translating English channel content into engaging French content Sourcing, developing and posting content.
- Liaising with external agencies for support, creative requirements and activations.
- Carrying media phone during off hours and responding as needed.
- Supporting the planning and execution of media, corporate and community events.
- Disseminating messaging about Airport Authority projects and initiatives.
- Developing strategic social media and online advertising plans for Airport Authority initiatives to drive and support YVR’s business objectives.
- Providing timely and accurate information during crisis situations.
- Responding to general media requests that come in via social media.
- Providing employees with communications expertise and support that focuses around social media and online tools (everything from strategy to implementation to coaching/training on the tools).
- Maintaining strong relationships with key influencers and online media Measuring results, creating benchmarks.
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, web back-end systems such as HTML, WordPress, Sitecore or Sitefinity MS Office Suite and Photoshop preferred.
- Strong understanding of working in an 24/7 operational environment.
- Exceptional awareness and use of social media tools and metrics including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Hootsuite.
- Three to five years’ recent, related experience in public relations, journalism or corporate communications, supplemented by an undergraduate degree or other post-secondary education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid organizational, planning and logistical skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment On occasion, you will be required to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Exceptional skills in professional and social media writing (corporate, media and web based) including ability to target communications to different audiences to fulfil specific purposes.
- Bilingual (English and French), ability to communicate fluently in both languages.
- Experience working with and building relationships with key bloggers and online influencers.
- Demonstrated media relations experience; articulate with the ability to understand and deal confidently with the media.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]