[sc name=”320×320″ ]
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
- Assist with development, revision and testing of the Airport Authority’s.
- Promote, protect and enhance the reputation and YVR brand through media relations, issues management and public affairs activities.
- Manage proactive communications and relationships with key media; maximize opportunities with media and policy leaders in positioning key executives, programs and special projects.
- Coordinate with various levels of government to organize media events and announcements.
- Draft media materials including news releases, backgrounders, corporate positions on various matters, speeches Produce and disseminate written materials for internal and external publications and all online communications tools, including website, blog, social media and intranet.
- Represent the Airport Authority on industry committees and multi-agency teams Lead event planning and execution for marketing communications initiatives.
- Collaborate with all departments and stakeholders to develop comprehensive communications plans and provide counsel to support strategic priorities.
- Assist with issues management on behalf of the organization, identify, monitor and execute response strategies.
- Share responsibility of 24/7 media and social media coverage with key members of the team.
- Provide project management for key communications initiatives and programs.
- Crisis Communications Plan Handle media inquiries, provide key talking points and coach executives prior to media interviews.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet very tight deadlines in an environment with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Five to seven years of experience in communications with an agency or corporation, supplemented by a degree in Communications or a related field (or a combination of a diploma in Journalism or Public Relations and experience in public relations); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proven issues management and crisis communications response required.
- Proven track record of managing successful local and national media relations, and experience handling sensitive and confidential issues.
- Knowledge of and experience managing social media and owned media channels, including web publishing.
- Proven ability to develop media relationships in order to enhance awareness and image of the organization.
- Operations experience an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and keen sense of priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with experience writing media materials, articles, speeches, and other types of business communications for a variety of audiences—technical writing an asset.
- Significant experience managing media and crisis communications while working closely with senior executives.
- A strong understanding of how earned, owned, paid and social media can work independently and together to advance the organization’s goals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whistler, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]