The purpose of Enterprise Security and Emergency Management (ESEM) is to enable Xcel Energy’s vision, mission, and goals by proactively leading efforts to identify, protect, detect, and respond to all-hazard threats and events. Leadership roles are defined at the team, group, and organizational level and provide coverage for the following organizations (and the supporting teams and groups within): Business Security Risk Advisory & Support Services; Systemic Monitoring, Analysis, and Resilience Services; Security Strategy, Policy, and Compliance; Portfolio Management & Performance. Lead subject matter experts tasked with addressing all-hazard threats; all roles have a potential to identify, protect, detect, and respond to threats and events that could have significant financial and/or reputational impact to the company.
- Audit and Compliance: Lead efforts for ensuring department compliance to internal and sector policies and regulatory requirements; driving action plans to any issues, findings, or deviations as applicable.
- Industry and Sector Awareness: Stay abreast of industry and sector trends and best practices to advise leadership and direct/peer teams on when to innovate and when to use traditional approaches. Maintain awareness of current and potential threats and risk to the company and sector.
- Delivery: Establish and deliver against short-to-mid term strategic assigned area(s) goals to achieve overall ESEM group strategic plans, objectives and goals.
- Strategy and Planning: Develop, propose, and manage short-to-mid-term strategic security plans and roadmaps for assigned products and services
- Talent Development: Recruit, retain, and develop a diverse and high performing team; create an environment of continuous learning and growth development.
- Financial Management: Manage financial forecasting and budget (O&M and Capital); effectively prioritize financial spend based upon group and company objectives; ensure financial prudency on behalf of company, customers, and shareholders.
- Strong investigative, analysis, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to both lead and partner in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to understand complex technical and/or business information.
- Ability to define and manage multiple internal projects and milestones.
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organization boundaries and influence others.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in related field/sector, including 7 years experience managing a complex function, team, or program.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Technology, Science, Business, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A