Afaq Q Tech General Trading
- 2+ years growing responsibilities in multi-site operations in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
- Bachelor or diploma degree in safety, environmental, or a related field or significant work experience within these areas.
- Experience in developing and implementing EHS procedures, training and other processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to understand upstream and downstream processes
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we’re growing our WHS team across MENA. We currently hiring for Workplace, Health and Safety (WHS) specialist to join the Amazon KSA Team, and will be located within the Sort Center site in Riyadh, reporting to the WHS Manager. The role is being offered on a day and night shift pattern rotation.
This role is open to anyone who has a particular interest in work health and safety and requires working with the WHS team to deliver high standards of safety within our Sort Center operations. The suitable applicant will be trained in both the standard work and tools used within the WHS function. You will be a strong communicator, who values teamwork, is proactive about safety and who can function as a role model and engage in a professional manner with the entire Sort Center workforce. Some of the responsibilities can include:
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly, and monthly audits.
- Facilitate incident investigation process.
- Support site managers in conducting risk assessment and propose control measures.
- Generate weekly safety reports.
- Lead on GEMS L3 WHS procedures implementation.
- Collaborate with facilities and procurement on WHS related activities.
- Maintain required records to comply with Amazon and local regulations.
- Manager and oversee Safety Incident Information in internal database in a timely manner.
- Perform safety observations & audits.
- Coach others (Area Managers etc.) to complete their safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, Inspections etc.)
- May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other safety related activities depending on the business unit and location.
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
- Qualifications or experience of environmentally conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
To apply for this job please visit sa.indeed.com.