First Republic Bank
Director of Accounting will serve as a partner to First Republic Bank’s Chief Accounting Officer, accounting team leadership and Bank’s management and will provide solid business council to the Facilities accounting team. The individual will have responsibility for various aspects of financial close and monthly and quarterly reporting as it relates to Facilities, including Leases and Fixed Assets (collectively, “Facilities”); maintaining the accounting structure, procedures and controls; and application of appropriate technical accounting and regulatory rules for the areas of responsibility. The individual must thrive in a deadline-oriented and fast-pace environment, enjoy coaching and developing others, and have a passion for continuous improvement.
- Support other special projects
- Provide oversight of Facilities accounting operations
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of reporting as it relates to Facilities; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and year-end internal financial reports for the areas of responsibility
- Analyze and ensure compliance with ASC 842 Leases and ASU 2018-15 Cloud Computing Arrangements
- Participate and play a leading role in other Accounting department-wide automation and technology-based initiatives and system implementations
- Lead process improvements, operational effectiveness and automation initiatives related to Facilities area
- Work closely with IS, Project Management, Procurement teams to analyze the accounting treatment and timely recording of the assets relating to the projects
- Lead monthly and quarterly close processes for Facilities.
- Analyze complex contracts and ensure proper accounting treatment
- Key liaison with external and internal auditors, as well as regulators for their audits and examinations of the Facilities area.
- Ensure maintenance of effective internal controls and appropriate accounting procedures for the areas of responsibility, including evaluation of processes and controls for compliance with SOX.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight to the Facilities accounting team
- Take a leadership role on the strategic roll-out of the procure-to-pay solution as it relates to Facilities
- Lead, manage and develop a strong, performance-oriented team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business.
- Prepare various analyses and forecasts provided to the Accounting and executive leadership
Qualification & Experience:
- Progressive track record of success in managing within an accounting organization
- Experience with Facilities accounting, including accounting for leases, fixed assets, cloud computing arrangements
- Five plus years of managerial experience
- Deep knowledge of GAAP, strong technical capabilities with expertise in working with technical accounting matters and accounting standards
- Excellent maturity and judgement, and the ability to operate effectively in fast-pace environment.
- Eight plus years of accounting experience, including a Big four accounting firm, and/or a public company
- Strong understanding of SOX requirements
- You could be a great fit if you have:
- BS degree in accounting. CPA is preferred.
- Experience in completing successful projects surrounding process and control improvements and redesign, including accounting systems implementations
- Strong leader who is able to lead and manage the team in an open and collegial environment
- Banking or financial services experience is preferred
- Strong business acumen, Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills with ability to present to the senior management
Company: First Republic Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A