We are a team of passionate developers that highly values open-minded collaboration, direct, objective feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive a feature to Blizzard quality. As a level designer on the team, you will collaborate closely with design to create excellent gameplay spaces, while also championing artistic execution alongside environment and concept artists. You will be reviewing feedback from playtests and collaborate with your teammates to decide what actions to take. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon the team’s collective creativity to finalize a design that meets the project’s needs.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience building immersive, explorable environments for modern AAA titles. By blending your mastery of level design with a critical eye for layout and art, you will create epic, memorable worlds. Our incubation teams work at a fast pace and are ripe with challenges to take on.
- Embrace Blizzard’s core value of “Every voice matters,” creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
- Provide world building and level design from conception to the final stages of polish.
- Partner with engineering to define and create tooling that effectively complements Blizzard’s world-class handcrafted level design.
- Implement level design/project goals and objectives, ensuring the game’s creative pillars are captured.
Qualification & Experience:
- Passion for making games look and play great.
- Experience using rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts.
- Good spatial and layout design skills.
- Expert game design sensibilities.
- Strong understanding of level editing packages such as Maya, Unity, UDK, or other proprietary tools.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside feedback.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- 2+ years’ experience in the games industry working as level designer, shipping at least one AAA title.
- Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of level design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, NH, US
Application Deadline: N/A