COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create pieces that are made to last beyond the season. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
Do you have knowledge of innovative design methods? Do you have a strong design identity specialised in jersey and lifestyle? Do you communicate concepts and ideas in an inspiring way?
If so, this could be the role for you. We are now looking for a Women’s Jersey Designer to join our Womenswear Design Team. This role will report into the Womenswear Director and is offered on a full time, temporary 12-month contract.
As a Designer at COS, you will drive the assortment and development of the collection through all channels. You will deliver a clear vision and targets for your department by having a clear understanding of our customer and the COS aesthetics.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with design, buying and pattern teams from concept to completion to ensure alignment of priorities and direction as well as an efficient workflow
- Ensure the development of the collection and trends each season
- Together with buying, drive product development while considering relevant analyses, customer and brand’s aesthetics
- Show a high level of awareness by constantly evaluating trends and customer behaviours
- Work hands-on, producing and presenting research, sketches, drapes and 3D samples for collection development, ensuring newness
- Develop and communicate visual information to all relevant functions
- Research into innovative and sustainable materials to identify and propose new ranges and prospective products
- Coordinate the assortment planning which enhances the COS aesthetics
- Ensure that the collection caters for all customer groups
- Constantly monitor and react to sales trends while seeking new selling opportunities
- Communicate the department goals and results throughout the organisation
- Guide, involve, inspire and develop Assistant & Junior Designers
- Certifiable textile/design qualification with a focus on womenswear
- Extensive design experience and specialisation in women’s jersey multiproduct and lifestyle
- Strong grasp of sustainable fashion solutions, material innovation and product development
- A wide technical knowledge of textiles, colours, fit and finishing
- Innovative design methods
- Good eye for colour, detail and proportion
- Advance Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop skills
- Excellent hand and technical drawing ability
- Strong team player and inspiring communicator
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and creative environment
- Strong design identity in line with the COS aesthetics and understanding of our customer
- Flexibility to travel
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, we can’t wait to meet you! Please apply with your CV and a portfolio with a selection of your work relevant to the COS design aesthetic and this position, in a PDF format or web URL. Please note that we only accept applications via our careers site.
When you first join COS we will give you a full training plan and access to our E-Learning tool.
In addition to this you will also receive some fantastic benefits including;
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Program
- A range of long service benefits
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends.
We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.
Please note this position is offered on a local contract, therefore you should have the legal right to work in the UK before applying.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.