About the role:
As a Wildlife Control Supervisor, you will be responsible for implementing a wildlife hazard management strategy at Hamad International Airport encompassing wildlife hazard planning and hazard assessment, wildlife assessment and control. Implementation of training programmes on wildlife hazard management for airport staff and ensuring that HIA is meeting its certification requirements with regard to compliance with rules and regulations in relation to wildlife hazard management.
- Patrol the airside, monitor wildlife activity, report and record all wildlife occurrence and incidents.
- Following Wildlife Hazard Manager guidance, to set up and reposition bird control equipment on the airfield and ensure serviceability.
- To collect bird strike carcasses from the airfield and identify species. Tag and store in freezer, in order to allow follow up wildlife analysis.
- Monitor Population of insects/food sources to attract for birds and wildlife, in order to timely identify the airside hazard and notify Wildlife Hazard Manager.
- Follow QCAR 006 (as amended) requirements and Wildlife Hazard Management plan to ensure that HIA meets its aerodrome certification obligations in respect of wildlife hazard management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with minimum 2 years of job – related experience
- High school qualification/Vocational/Diploma or Equivalent (type of diploma based on Role) with minimum 3 years job –related experience
- 2 – 5 years previous experience in wildlife hazard management or Airfield safety role within the airport industry or related experience within aerodrome operations.
- ICAO standards and recommended practices (SARPS) on airport operations and safety and QCAA regulations
- Good knowledge of wildlife and birds to enable identification and assessment
- Good knowledge of aircraft technology, air navigation procedures
- Have a Valid and Qatar driving license
- AVOP/Airside Vehicle Operation Permit
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.