WCAO Business Manager – 0000FB5Q – UAE Nationals Only
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Wholesale team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
Wholesale Chief Administration Office is a key component of the WCOO construct. The key objective of the WCAO is to support the administration and enablement of both Commercial Banking and Global Banking through a focus on costs, service (Digital Business Services and Functions), people, policy oversight and management and strategic execution.
The WCAO Business Manager – the role holder will manage a range of business administration and management processes aligned to the three pillars of the regional Chief Administration Office (CAO) – Service Performance, Cost Performance and Resource and People Engagement. In this broad role, the role holder will be required to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure that all key responsibilities and activities under this set of services are executed in a timely manner. There will be opportunities for the successful candidate to both lead and support initiatives within this office.
Provide support for Business, Customers and Stakeholders in terms of:
- Work with the Functional leads within the CAO to support in the collaboration with Digital Business Services and Global Functions to articulate an agreed scope of their activities. Support the monitoring of these activities through consistent scorecard metrics in recognised governance to accurately demonstrate the effectiveness of the services provided to the Wholesale Businesses.
- Support in the consistent oversight of these service levels to the Wholesale Businesses, focusing on service performance (quality and timeliness). Support in the preparation of formal governance structures to facilitate and demonstrate effective oversight of this service provision.
- In conjunction with the service providers and the Businesses actively participate and lead initiatives to improve service provision.
- Support in the adoption of approved Group MI tools to monitor and improve visibility into monthly cost performance across the Wholesale Businesses. Use the established Governance to report variances and ensure action plans are tracked to drive fair outcomes and resolution.
- Track, monitor and report FTE and contractor movements and status against relevant business targets, understanding and explaining any material variances. Provide FTE and cost information and insights as requested.
- Generate and distribute MI to help inform business decisions on value and also create an insight on service performance of Digital Business Services / Global Functions.
- Collaborate with Procurement to drive efficiencies in external 3rd party spending, including the approval of consultancy spending and support in the contractual process between the Businesses and 3rd party suppliers.
- Participate in the establishment of a consistent and robust people related infrastructure. Ongoing reporting and monitoring of the outliers.
- Delivery of employee well-being, training & talent development activities. Support employee communications aligned with improving staff engagement
Foster Leadership & Teamwork
- Promote a positive work culture based on respect for people, integrity of actions, creativity and collaboration leading to increased productivity.
- Promote the value of challenging the status quo, seeking to improve ways of working and having a forward-thinking mind-set, in line with the Group’s values and strategy.
- Promote client centricity, ensuring the ethos is embedded to support an elevated client experience.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders to support the sharing of information and learning. Ensure a clear and shared understanding of roles and responsibilities through governance to promote an efficient approach to service enhancement for our internal and external clients.
- Manage the strategic execution of key governance activities designed to drive cost visibility and optimisation.
- Maintain a robust control environment through the adherence to internal controls, procedures, record keeping and the timely implementation of issues or audit / regulatory recommendations.
- Ensure that operational risks are fully assessed prior to the execution of a delivery, escalating where required.
- Support the Wholesale Head of CAO MENAT and WCAO Pillar leads
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure team delivery across a broad range of outputs simultaneously across HSBC.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with an excellent ability to drive alignment across a broad set of stakeholders with different priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across both regional and global stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues independently. Diligence to seek support and escalate where appropriate.
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely, defining clear action plans and prioritising effectively.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000FB5Q
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.