Water/Wastewater Modeler Lead
What You’ll Be Doing: Parsons is looking for Water/Wastewater Modeler Lead to join our urban water supply and sewerage/drainage team to provide technical leadership for delivery of wastewater network projects.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject, such as civil/mechanical/environmental engineering.
- Candidates having master’s degree in above with specialization in water supply and sanitation engineering will be preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of experience of working as design engineer/modeler in consultancy firm or municipality. Preference will be given to candidates having UAE and GCC experience.
- Must have experience of successful delivery of technical inputs environmental projects in a consultancy setting, including a good understanding of the legislative and policy context of technical work
- Should have gained or be working towards chartership with a relevant professional body (ICE or CIWEM).
- Proficient in hydraulic modelling software Infowater Pro, Sewergems and Watergems.
- Experience of design interfaces.
- Familiarity with 3D design tools and BIM
- Excellent communication skills, including being able to write high quality, concise reports
- Should have practical experience in at least some of the following: use of MS Office tools (Excel, Access) and use of GIS packages such as ArcGIS.
- Model Build and Verification – creating robust pressurized and gravity network models that are suitable for analysis and solution development
- Model Maintenance -updating models and improving them with a focus on specific study drivers
- Hydraulic and Water Quality Analysis – intelligent assessment of system hydraulics and pollutant sources to identify needs and risks
- Integrated Catchment Modelling – constructing models for assessing the interaction between sewers (storm and foul), watercourses and overland flows
- Integrated System Planning- determination of hydraulic, environmental, and operational needs of urban water systems and the development of various horizon strategies to improve system performance
- Solution Development- development of outline designs, and support through detailed design process.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Leading the design of urban water systems designs from concept to detailed design and construction, as stand-alone projects or as part of larger multi-disciplinary schemes.
- Overseeing and reviewing the production of drainage designs, models, calculations, and drawings to relevant standards, including providing technical assurance of designs.
- Leading the co-ordination of the design process and integrating with associated engineering designs.
- Supporting the design managers in design tasks and managing delivery to program and budget.
- Leading and encouraging the technical development of junior and mid-level engineers in hydraulic modeling and design of urban drainage systems.
- Managing and reviewing specifications tender and contract documents and supporting the construction process.
- Ensuring compliance with business management standards set in the company’s quality, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.