Le Royal Abu Dhabi
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Mridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Dibba Road, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely N
Position Type Non-Management
Explore our very big world
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Whether you’re new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, you can come to us knowing that you will always be appreciated for your natural talents. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests stay with us again and again.
Rewards for work, benefits for life
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
The impact you’ll make
You know the finest details of our menu and can’t wait to share your expertise with our guests. When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and your friendly demeanor do not go unnoticed. No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay.
What you’ll be doing
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
What we’re looking for
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous serving experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You’re a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you’ll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.
Thefollowingare specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Follow all Marriott policies and procedures
- Comply with clean as you go policy
- Practice safe work habits at all times
- Report to work on time and in a neat, clean and pressed uniform including name badge, Daily Basics card, pen, pad, bottle opener, lighter and pieces of cork
- Follow self-cashiering procedures
- Report problems immediately to a supervisor
- Set up the restaurant efficiently and accurately, including the tables, bar and anti-pasta/fish counter
- Actively participate in daily stand up briefings and taste panels
- Ensure knowledge of the Basic of the Day and the Food and Beverage Brand Standards, and ensure these are followed
- Handle an assigned station, and leave the floor only after permission from a supervisor
- Take and serve guest orders promptly and according to Brand Standards, sequence of service, and sales dialogue
- Be aware of any 86 items
- Always offer a choice of sparkling or still water
- Check back after two bites of the main course
- Crumb the table after main course or when necessary
- Change the ashtray after two butts and after putting dishes on the table
- Offer a refill when a third of the drink is left
- Clear empty glasses and dishes as necessary
- Serve all beverages in accordance with Brand Standards and Use Records
- Answer any guest questions about the menu items, daily specials and beverages, including knowledge of the ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes. Make appropriate suggestions to suit guest needs and proactively up-sell items.
- Check food before serving it to the guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Operate the MICROS and Respak system accurately:
- Ensure accurate and informative punching of orders
- Have any voids or adjustments initialed by a supervisor
- Enter and update the Respak system accurately, without adding unnecessary profiles
- Ensure the prompt bussing of tables once the guest has departed. Ensure all re-setups of tables are clean, stain free and accurate, with special attention to detail.
- Side stations must be clean and organized at all times.
- Do all necessary set-up and side work assigned.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management. This may involve working in or moving to another Food & Beverage outlet.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer.We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.We are committed to non-discrimination onanyprotectedbasis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Le Mridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Mridien.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.