Our Internal Audit team helps ensure that sound decisions are always made for both our customers and us. Whatever you excel at – whether its facts and figures, technology and data, management analysis, crafting partnerships or supporting business-critical decisions, we’ve got the spot for you.
The purpose of the Senior Internal Auditor (Technology) role is to support Vodafone Internal Audit in providing risk-based independent assurance on the effectiveness of the Group’s internal controls to senior management and the Group Audit and Risk Committee within the area of Technology. You’ll be part of the Technology audit team consisting of 14 people (with almost as many nationalities) which is part of the wider global audit function of about 110 people.
- Build, maintain and indirectly manage a community of IT auditors across our global business.
- Build positive working relationships with Technology leaders across the organisation.
- Support Group Head of Audit – IT, Networks and Programme Assurance, and teams of peers in delivery of audit plans by providing knowledge and expertise.
- Perform audits on advanced topics such as 5G, large-scale cloud implementation, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Blockchain and other emerging technologies.
- Liaise with Technology managers in tracking progress in addressing audit recommendations and confirming their closure.
- Be(come) the subject matter expert within the Technology domain in the areas of IT operations, IT service management, IT resilience, information security, etc..
- Lead the scoping, planning, delivery and reporting of relevant and forward looking IT audits across all Operating Companies.
- Experience a fast paced environment which is ever changing – no two days are ever the same.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a passion for working in teams and help drive personal development.
- Are well-versed in assessing business and technology risks and controls, be able to articulate the risks, and recommend business-focused solutions.
- Preferably, also have qualifications such as ITIL, CRISC, ISO27001 or 22301, PMBOK or Prince2.
- Are experienced in audit (external and internal) and familiar with Internal Audit standards
- IT process knowledge e.g. as defined in standards like ITIL, Cobit, ISO, or British Standards
- Able to make a high impact on management, to manage stakeholders and to communicate clearly.
- Have accreditations in technology risk and controls related areas such as CISA and Cobit.
- Are willing and able to travel (up to about 20% of the year), mostly in Europe and Africa.
- Have industry specific experience with mobile telecoms (e.g. networks) or related businesses
- Have experience in the area of IT controls/ IT risk management – either in an implementation, operation or assessment role
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and be comfortable with a changing environment.
- Have IT knowledge on IT networks, operating systems, databases, and applications, ideally including the Microsoft stack, Cloud technologies and SAP.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A