Job description / Role
The Vice President Deputy General Counsel, IMEA reports to and supports the General Counsel, IMEA in the supervision and management of the IMEA legal department, supporting Development with the negotiation and drafting of Hotel Management and Hotel Franchise Agreements, overseeing compliance and risk management, and otherwise responsible for a wide range of complex legal issues.
He/She is also responsible for instructing and managing external counsel in the region where required, developing legal precedents and templates and providing general legal support to functional divisions with legal advice .
– Support the General Counsel, IMEA in the supervision and management of the IMEA Legal Department (currently 9 members).
– Supervise the corporate administration of Accor subsidiaries and joint ventures in the region.
– Provide direct support to Development on hotel development projects, drafting the commercial agreements for hotel management, and participating in negotiations with key partners and hotel owners.
– Provide direct support to the regional vice presidents and hotel general managers on issues as they arise in hotel management such as operations matters, crisis management, public relations, disputes and litigation.
– Advise key regional business units in IMEA in all corporate and commercial matters, including advising, drafting and reviewing letters of intent, commercial contracts, sponsorship, partnership, distribution, and other forms of collaboration agreements.
– Provide advice on operational, employment, risk management, procurement, communications, brand, sales and marketing issues.
– Advise on risk, legal and ethical compliance, corporate social responsibility, data privacy.
– Provide general legal support to functional divisions (marketing and sales, talent & culture, procurement and finance) referencing policies, processes and systems.
– Assisting in developing and revising of legal precedents and templates.
– Mentoring and training.
– Business focus.
– Problem solving orientation.
– Fluency in French and/or Arabic would be an asset.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.