Valero Jobs – Supply Chain Systems Design Specialist
As a Supply Chain Systems Design Specialist on the Information Services Commercial team, you will provide support for Valero’s Marketing, Supply and Transportation business. You will deploy new systems and enhance existing systems focused on Hydrocarbon Supply Chain Management (Supply and Demand Planning, Procure-To-Pay, Order-To-Cash, Hydrocarbon Inventory Management, Logistics and Transportation). The core application is SAP but there are also several integrated and non-integrated software and proprietary applications that support Valero’s commercial business. You will help design, implement and support system solutions that will improve business processes, control costs, increase profitability and support Valero’s expansion into new markets.
- Work on moderate to complex tasks for the deployment of new solutions and enhancements/fixes.
- Be organized and manage business user interactions including requirements gathering, testing, training and post-implementation support.
- Perform analysis on and recommend complex, quality solutions for business processes.
- Communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- At least 5 years of industry or business/IT experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, functional design and implementation required.
- A high degree of initiative, creativity and problem solving ability required.
- Downstream Oil & Gas industry experience or related business/IT knowledge with SAP including modules SD (Sales & Distribution), MM (Materials Management) and IS-Oil (Industry Solution for Oil & Gas).
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A