Valero Careers – Supervisor Operations
- Supervises and directs the daily operations of an assigned area and leads a team of unit operators to ensure safe, efficient and reliable operations in order to optimize all plant economic planning, production and HS&E objectives.
- Ensures compliance with PSM which includes writing First Reports of incidents, participating in and leading incident investigations and Hazop studies, and both writing and editing operating manuals procedures.
- Is thoroughly familiar with refinery safety and environmental practices and procedures, and safety and environmental hazards of the process materials, chemicals and catalysts in assigned area with operating crews on specific jobs, on shutdown and start-up procedures, and on unusual operations.
- Periodically inspects the plant with operators to maintain housekeeping standards. Ensures through the operators that clean-up is done after maintenance work, and that conditions that could lead to housekeeping problems are corrected.
- Gives direction to operating personnel in assigned area. This includes meeting the operating plan, handling safety and environmental issues, preparing equipment for maintenance, and handling personnel issues.
- Manages training and development of assigned crew, reviews performance, and does performance appraisals.
- Cooperates with others in implementation of change, eg. plant improvement schemes, safety suggestions, new procedures and policies, MOCA sign-offs and PSSRs.
- Maintains Operations Supervisors logs. Reviews the operating logs, plus other operating and lab data, against desired results. Takes corrective action through operators if required.
- Ensures procedures are followed where practical, records any deviations following management of change process, and gives feedback to owner on problems and possible improvements.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of refinery operations experience required.
- Knowledge of refinery process, process control methods, and control parameters while possessing current knowledge of all operating procedures and Safety, Work and Environmental policies, rules and procedures required.
- 8 years of overall refinery experience preferred.
- Associate of Science (or higher level) degree in Process Technology with operations experience preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norco, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A