Valero Careers – Sr. Technical Trainer
Effectively performs necessary work tasks to develop, maintain, and present materials for the purpose of training and educating all site employees. Develops and conducts programs to train employees in installation, operation, safe use, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment. Designs and develops instructional material for computer-based training and other delivery platforms.
- Plans and coordinates the different components of the site’s training function.
- Partners with Operations, Maintenance, and Laboratory leadership to ensure all employee training, testing, and progression activities are completed on schedule.
- Communicates closely with HR regarding employee training/certification completion that results in pay adjustment or job advancement.
- Develops and delivers training programs (Instructor Lead and Computer Based), including outlines, text, handouts, tests, and designing training exercises.
- Coordinates training facilities and resources in advance of training activities such as development of training schedules, training content;
- PowerPoint presentations; training aids; and classroom setup.
- Proctors knowledge-based tests and assists subject-matter expert/trainer with performance-based testing.
- Verifies that training activity documentation is complete and properly retained.
- Performs internal reviews, surveys and/or interviews with attendees to evaluate training course effectiveness.
- Observes trainees during classroom exercises and answers questions.
- Coordinates implementation and execution of Corporate Training initiatives, such as the Basic Operator Training program.
- Coordinates the Qualification/Refresher Operations Training program.
- Mentors and trains Basic Operator Trainees.
- Provides test remediation and reassessment support for all job required training.
- Reviews and updates training materials and tests as appropriate.
- Participates in Corporate Health, Safety, PSM and Environmental audits to verify that site training is properly documented and meets or exceeds organizational requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of training development experience required.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree preferred.
- Process operations experience in a refinery environment preferred.
- Ability to create training programs and graphics for presentations and training modules required.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation required.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications required.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods required.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes required.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel) required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Meraux, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A