United States Postal Service
CCAs may be required to work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays as scheduled.
CCAs hold temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Subsequent appointments after a 5 day break in service may be offered but are not guaranteed and should not be expected because the use of CCAs is discretionary and subject to business needs
- Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route.
- Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
- Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
- Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
- Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
- Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
- Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
- Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route.
- Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
- Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling
heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A