United States Postal Service
Assists with, and operates, a heavy duty tractor-trailer either in over-the-road service, city shuttle service, or trailer spotting operations on a pre-established route to pick up and transport mail in bulk.
- Operates a tractor-trailer in conformity with time schedules and in accordance with instructions regarding the route assigned; or operates a tractor-trailer in unscheduled service directed move by move by telephone, two-way radio or through designated supervisors.
- Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at postal installations, mailing concerns, railroad mail facilities and airports.
- Ascertains the condition of the tractor-trailer prior to leaving and in returning to garage; reports all accidents, mechanical defects noted, and mechanical failures in the course of the trip.
- Makes decisions respecting changes in route in emergency; makes emergency decisions respecting loading mail or leaving it for later trip.
- In addition, may prepare daily trip reports; make minor repairs or adjustments to vehicle in emergencies; load and unload mail; perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor
Applicants must have two years of general driving experience with at least one-year full time, or equivalent, of driving 7-ton trucks or buses of 16 passengers or more. A minimum of six months of the required total driving experience must be in a tractor trailer.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A