United States Postal Service
Performs a variety of distribution, and sales and customer support duties for postal products and services.
- Distributes and scans incoming and outgoing mail at a post office, branch or station.
- May perform additional duties as assigned including but not limited to maintaining records of mail; facing and canceling mail; making emergency carrier relays; labeling and tying out mail for dispatch and other related duties for distribution.
- Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
- Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers, offering assistance with product selection and use of self-service kiosk.
- Performs any variety of mail processing tasks such as, preparing work area, loading mail onto automated equipment, removing mail from bins and placing into trays or containers, monitoring mail flow and culling out non-processable items.
- Maintains appearance of store by arranging and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures display and selling areas work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers.
- Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window or lobby, which may include selling postal products and services, accepting and delivering packages and mail.
- Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending, and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A