United States Postal Service
Provides secretarial support for a manager and staff. Processes information in accordance with established practices and procedures. Performs a variety of miscellaneous office clerical and typing duties.
- Produces charts, tables, and other documentation using various graphics software.
- Composes routine memorandums and letters relating to business of the office, such as transmittals and acknowledgments.
- Performs other administrative duties and maintains a variety of reports, such as time and attendance records, correspondence control, training plans, etc. and establishes and maintains office files.
- Acts as receptionist and performs routine clerical duties such as tracking correspondence, answering telephones and forwarding messages, making necessary travel arrangements and submitting related forms, operating standard office equipment, requisitioning supplies, and coordinating printing, maintenance, and other service requests.
- Screens, logs, and routes office mail in accordance with established procedures.
- Sends and receives electronic messages, files and other documentation via the local area network.
- Accesses, retrieves and/or updates files and other data maintained on personal computers.
- Produces reports, letters and other documentation using appropriate software and word processing equipment; monitors peripheral equipment.
- Reviews materials prepared for manager’s signature for accuracy, completeness, and format.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tupelo, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A