To load all the outbound orders into the designated tractor trailers in compliance with company procedures and standards. This makes sure the drivers have the product safely stowed and organized for maximum efficiency for the day’s deliveries.
- Conduct trailer inspection before loading to insure trailer is clean, has the proper temperature and is ready for loading.
- Load trailer, ensuring bulkheads are placed correctly and are secured. Also, confirm load diagram is completed and submitted.
- Ensure all pallets are built according to stops and are securely wrapped to avoid damage during transport.
- Verify header labels on all pallets and check for damaged or outdated product before loading.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Related Experience: A minimum of one year of warehouse experience preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be pallet jack certified; Good attention to detail; Ability to read load diagrams; basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide). Must be team oriented and able to get along with others.
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A