The Manager of Fleet will report into the Sr. Manager, Network Strategy & Fleet. The primary purpose of this position is to provide thought leadership, strategic focus, and strong project management for US Foods’ initiatives around central inbound dedicated carrier and private fleet logistics. This role will manage our fleet teams and work towards driving income growth through route optimization and improvements in supply-chain and inbound distribution network efficiency. This role will have the opportunity to work closely across our entire supplier network of four to five thousand vendor ship locations representing about $500 million in freight revenue as well as interaction and leadership across our entire company’s logistics, operations, replenishment and category management teams.
- Leverage optimization tools and collaborate with modeling / data sciences teams to create reliable solutions that drive freight income growth.
- Lead provider relationship building process to evaluate and transform current supplier freight programs to convert to USF logistics managed freight;
- Provide leadership and direction to logistics support and operations teams on company private fleet inbound and dedicated hauling issues. Identify issues that are barriers to logistics freight management and/or a negative influence on freight income as well as areas to optimize supply chain and drive to resolution and implementation.
- Support optimization of dedicated carrier networks / private fleet networks, by identifying opportunities to leverage available capacity within company customer delivery footprint for backhaul and third-party business hauling
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships among external and internal stakeholders including: Transportation
- Providers, Suppliers, Operations, Replenishment, and External Customers
- Analyze current fleet performance and drive improvements in freight rates, logistics income, and drive improvements in inbound network to optimize product freight cost.
- Effectively communicate, influence, and lead supply-chain decisions; lead change management with operations and other critical stakeholders.
- Lead, implement, and drive positive and effective initiatives across the supply chain to drive cost savings and logistics income improvements via management of central support projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated success in bringing together cross-functional stakeholders on large scale initiatives
- Strong drive to build new profit centers from the ground up
- Excellent leadership, change management and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related analytical field.
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
- 5 years of work experience in strategy, consulting, or supply chain roles
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Consulting
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A