[sc name=”320×320″ ]
The Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) Operational Excellence (OE) III position directs the development, implementation, and management of operational best practices throughout UPS SCS Logistics and Distribution Operations in North America. He/She serves in a consultative capacity to drive operational performance. This position measures operational performance and manages special projects and initiatives. He/She promotes collaborative work efforts within the UPS SCS OE group. This position manages SCS OE II positions and administrative resources.
- Coordinates, plans, and manages ISO and Sarbanes Oxley SAS70 audits to support operational preparation and participation and to facilitate scheduling, resource planning, and execution.
- Collaborates with Industrial Engineering to develop and execute operating plans and to improve operational performance results.
- Participates in quarterly business reviews with multiple functional groups and customers to identify business development and revenue growth opportunities.
- Oversees intra-quarter data analysis to identify changing client trends and make the necessary adjustments to performance goals which drive continuous improvement.
- ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120, plus the regulatory compliance for FAA and other regulatory bodies
- Conducts site visits and performance reviews with Operations management to share best practices, improve staff performance, determine resource needs, and achieve operating plan goals.
- Reviews daily operational performance (i.e., productivity and financial) to facilitate continuous improvements and to ensure business plan targets are met.
- Coordinates ISO contract modifications to secure ISO certification for new business accounts and to meet contractual obligations.
- Ensures operational reports are accurate, distributed, and posted for each location to raise performance awareness and ensure effective communication of results.
- Creates ISO contracts with ISO registrar to meet operational needs and to obtain and retain ISO certifications.
- Drives weekly business unit reviews to identify corrective actions for improving operations performance.
- Manages quality programs and systems (e.g., balanced scorecard, customer concerns, inspections, QDocS, etc.) to ensure operational compliance with ISO requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses and identifies issues impacting the accuracy of data analysis.
- Demonstrates a complex knowledge of small package operations; considers the impact of small package operations on other parts of the business; develops solutions to improve operations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the movement of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products.
- Identifies common problems with current work designs; specifies requirements for new work designs; modifies or adjusts existing work methods, processes, and flows to resolve operations failures.
- Selects the most appropriate method(s) for conducting gap analysis and performance assessment; establishes performance measures (e.g. balance scorecard measures); investigates and determines root cause(s) of performance problems; identifies areas for improvement in measures and measurement methods and makes recommendations for changes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]