Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjust accordingly to ensure adequate staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives
- Educates/trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate
- Oversees hospital and nursing daily operations and administrative activities
- Acts on behalf of hospital administration outside of customary business hours and collaborates with the administrator on-call
- Ensures accessible, appropriate, patient-focused, and cost-effective services
- Collaborates with medical staff to coordinate patient care requirements including the need to transfer patients into or out of the hospital
- Develops, implements, and monitors policies and procedures to support organizational goals and business objectives
- Provide cost-effective care of the highest quality to customer. Introduce and promote new health packages
- Supervise MRD unit in its daily work and ensure patients’ records are safely stored as per SOP
- Report areas of concerns and improvement to Manager Admin and Business Development
- Work together with nurse managers and doctors to manage the daily operations of the assigned service area to ensure its smooth running on a daily basis.
- Enquire about any problem faced by a patient in the Unit & find a solution after discussion with doctors (for any medical issues) and the operations team (for any service issues)
- Track, monitor and make recommendations to Lead Senior Consultant for the utilization of departmental budget to achieve optimization of allocated resources
- Prepare duty rosters of the staff in the COE and displaying this as and when needed
- Prepare data on any matter assigned by Lead Consultant, like syllabus of the courses conducted in the Department, classes and seminars list, dialysis schedule list, patient lists
- Identify current and future patient admissions requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and others in a position to understand service requirements
- Enhance patient care delivery system by providing admissions function interface with the nursing and professional staff; coordinating admissions functions with the emergency room, maternity, out-patient clinic registration, outpatient surgery, and other special care units; controlling bed reservations systems, financial reimbursement, and other supporting systems.
- Keep patients, relatives, visitors, and admitting staff informed by interpreting and communicating admitting rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Documentation and Compliance
- Serve and protect the hospital community by ensuring adherence to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and accreditation standards.
- To maintain audit documents, educating new joiners to maintain the quality standards.
- To participate and contribute to departmental quality initiative.
- To carryout data collection/support in data collection.
- To adhere to the safety norms of hospital, follow both patient, and staff safety rules.
- To participate and contribute to departmental quality initiatives
- Generate several reports related to billing, Doctor’s schedule, daily patient statistics, new registration, patient satisfaction survey, referrals etc
- Works closely with internal stakeholders such as the director, financial controller, group CIO, CHRO, COO etc. in matters related to alignment of initiatives with overall organization’s vision and mission. Discuss budgets for hospitals and clinics, for IT enabled processes, addressing HR challenges and requirements, enhancing quality processes etc.
- Works closely with external stakeholders such as government officials, healthcare forums, Insurance companies, media houses, patients etc. in matters related to representing the hospital externally, communicating with related healthcare practices, compliance and health packages etc.
Advanced Qualification / Certification / Specialist Training
- 5- 8 years’ of operations role experience in a tertiary hospital
Aster Hospitals , one of the largest private healthcare service providers in GCC, aim to make a difference with our patient-centric approach to medical care and an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence. Currently, Aster Hospitals are located in 4 countries in the GCC specializing in primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare.
These include Aster Hospitals (Mankhool and Al Qusais) in UAE, Aster Al Raffah Hospitals (Muscat, Sohar and Ibri) in Oman, Aster Hospital (Doha) in Qatar and Aster Sanad Hospital (Riyadh) in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia delivering on a simple yet strong promise to its people: “We’ll treat you well.” Overall, Aster DM Healthcare Group has a strong presence in GCC and is an emerging healthcare provider in India with 25 hospitals, 116 clinics and 238 pharmacies manned by 20,500+ workforce (including approx. 1250 doctors on fee for service basis) from across the geographies.
To apply for this job please visit bh.indeed.com.