About the role
In this interesting role, you will be responsible for the control of the day to day activities of the Laundry Department. You will ensure smooth functioning of the department in relation to the washing production, cost control, resource planning, operational change management and reporting. You will ensure maintenance of proper stock movement for flight preparation. You will be responsible to forecast linen requirement based on time table and schedule provided by the Airline. You will deliver the best possible service at a minimum those outlined within the customer SLA (Service Level Agreement).
To achieve success in this role you will need to:
- Be responsible for the laundry management in QACC by forecasting Linen product requirement well in advance, considering expected additional flight operation and aircraft changes based on past operational history and aircraft movement.
- Be responsible to manage and control complete machine operation and washing production of laundry to ensure required volume of linen and blanket are produced and ready for day-today flight operation.
- Be responsible to input correct Linen specifications, quantities etc. in the Inline buffer system data base to retrieve best possible float stock inventory to analyse the stock status and requirement.
- Assist in planning proper Linen product flow in QACC operations by maintaining minimum and maximum stock levels to rotate effectively.
- Ensure to implement changes received from the airlines in regards to GLP (Galley Loading Plan), Linen loading standards, product introductions etc. and amends the standards and trains the team on the work floor.
- Be responsible to prepare monthly Airline stock inventory and to analyse the final report prior to the submission to concerned Manager /Airline.
- Serve as a liaison between the QACC and other Airline offices for the distribution and collection of information and to resolve operational issues.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
You should have at least a High School Qualification with minimum 4 years of job-related experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years of job-related experience in a similar role.
In addition, you will have the following job specific skills:
Demonstrate knowledge of conducting Training Needs Analysis with the below:
- Should have practical knowledge of handling Linen product in terms of washing process, folding styles, packing specifications, storage, etc.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Knowledge of handling data base.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Should have technical training and presentation skills.
- Should be able to prepare training modules, conduct class room and on site trainings.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you are ready to apply, please go ahead and submit your application by uploading your CV and completing our short application form.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.