Job description / Role
UI Senior Business Development Manager NAME&EU
Job Position: Unilever International – Senior Business development manager
Function: Business Development
Reports to: Marketing Director-UI
Scope: Global / Regional
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job:
You will often meet people who describe their job to be sales or marketing or Supply Chain. As we move towards a world where all of us wants to be an entrepreneurs & do work where the ownership is fully end to end. If you want to be one of them who is doing this full time – READ ON!
About Unilever International:
Unilever International is Unilever’s White Space Arm. As the 9 th global cluster, we work across US, Europe, Africa, AMET, South Asia, SEAA and North Asia to fill white spaces for Unilever. On one hand we are completely responsible for building all of Unilever’s brands in white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia and on the other we are now leading the launches of big brands like Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, Tresemme among others into big markets like the US, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we are thirdly responsible for creating a global white space business in alternate channels like Duty Free ( 66bn$ globally), E Commerce Seeding in China and India, marketing to Institutional partners like the United Nations and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who miss their home brands.
Singapore is UI’s global hub which leads strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain. Speed is the mantra for Unilever International’s success and this role will epitomise that. Hence as a game changer business, here are some of the rules we live by
– We will be the fastest route to market globally
– We go where no (man, woman or distributor) has never gone before
– Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
– Speed is our Currency
– When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime
Main Job Purpose:
There are 2 key responsibilities associated with this role:
– Historically the business has been built with Beauty & Personal care products, this year we chose to create a specific Global Business Unit (GBU) for Home Care and we want to build a significant business of Home care in Europe and NAME white space markets. The incumbent will work directly with the GBU head and drive the business development for HC brands. This includes the brand take overs we are planning for EU and NAME markets.
– Ecommerce Channel lead for EU and NAME – We believe given the COVID crises, E-comm as emerged as a very important channel & we want to increase our presence on E-comm in EU with HC and Oral care brands. This includes setting the RTM for E-comm and work with the category teams to get e-comm ready mixes.
The successful candidate will have a high bias for action, deep passion for building brands, openness to new ideas and approaches, willingness to work with the team to make an impact on the market and a sense of responsibility, measuring performance by results.
The role will report into the GBU head for Unilever International based in Singapore. The role will interface with all Unilever categories at Director / Brand Manager level and UI supply chain and finance teams across UI globally.
– Marketing Manager, BDM for profesisonal channel, Regional and global team across brands and categories, UI SC, Finance and customers.