- UHP Field Operator
About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 50
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Saturday, 30 October 2021
About this role: UHP Field Operator
About this role: UHP Field Operator
- Perform all operational activities in line with the safety management system and environment management systems;
- Responsible to perform the duties as Designated Person and other duties in line with the implementation of safety rules;
- Provide monitoring for the ongoing maintenance jobs on assigned areas;
- Reporting of unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviors;
- Perform any tasks which may be assigned in the occurrence of any emergency under the Plant Emergency Preparedness Plan Procedure;
- Conducts routine plant checks i.e. plant round ups and completion of log sheets;
- Perform operational actions under direction from the CRE (i.e. valve operation, switching on/off pumps or resetting the local alarms etc) to avoid any abnormal plant operations or to correct existing abnormalities;
- Perform the duties of stand in CRE whenever necessary;
- Prepares plant for start-ups in accordance with operations procedure;
- Performs plant shut down and extended shut down;
- preservation of plant routines in accordance with operations procedure;
- Perform manual intervention actions during trip conditions and maintains close supervision to ensure safe run down of plant;
- Practical application of safety rules performing safe plant isolations from the system to allow routine maintenance activities. De-isolates and restores plant equipment safely to the system;
- Perform routine maintenance activity on the plant such as lube oil top-up in the absence of maintenance personnel;
- Support CRE during emergency situations;
- Carry out the sample analysis of the plant process steam water cycle in cases where Chemist is not on-site and on Demin water, distillate, potable water and other samples;
- Monitors and evaluates performance of various plant systems and equipment;
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping of the plant;
- Initiates routine operational activities.
- Perform lube oil top up as required on plant equipment;
- Perform routine site inspections on routine basis to regular update plant equipment status;
- Carry out dewatering routine in specified areas of the plant as required.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Health, Safety and Environment Management procedures;
• Understanding of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management systems and safety rules;• Ability to demonstrate understanding and application of Operating Instructions and Procedures relating to the duties of a Field Operator;
• Demonstrate a practical understanding associated to the working principle of Gas Turbine, Steam turbine, HRSG, Desalination and a wide range of auxiliary plant;• Ability to demonstrate safe and efficient local operation of the plant systems;
• Ability to monitor the performance of the plant locally within a varying range of load conditions;• Start-up and shutdown of plant to current operating procedures;
• Monitoring and Inspection of plant as per Operating Instruction’s;• Diagnosis of plant faults and ability to record defects using Maximo;
• Awareness of the need for efficient operation of the plant to deliver high levels of commercial availability within environment limits;• Effective liaison with the Control Room Engineer over plant operational issues;
• Ability to, and assist others to make decisions to resolve plant operational problems;• Ability to conduct safe local plant isolations from the system;
• Ability to provide support to incidents in a range of situations;• Conduct routine operating and maintenance activities such as oil change, filter cleaning etc.;
• Communication and cooperation between the Maintenance and Operation teams;• Working as part of a self managed shift team;
• Commercial awareness of PWPA and O&M;• Good command of the English language.
How to apply
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Arjun Bhakhri quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.