About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You have excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with others at all levels. You have the ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree in Marketing
- 2 to 3 years digital marketing experience in a specialist role, ideally from retail industry in GCC region
- Extensive experience in digital marketing to drive & support digital marketing agenda, loyalty/crm marketing
- Strong experience in finance and budget management, knowledge of consumer behaviour to develop effective communication and media communication and marketing techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with others at all levels
- Motivated, self-sufficient professional with great attention to details
- Proven digital passion, experience and success
- Team player with positive, constructive attitude.
- Customer-focused and commercial awareness
About The Role
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Marketing specialist to join our IKEA family. You will be responsible for delivering IKEA Family loyalty program. Communicate the vision, mission and values of the organization to ensure compliance within the business, support the overall Marketing function in the development of regional long-term marketing strategy and one-year marketing plan for each territory separately. Work with third parties to deliver results that position IKEA brand as market leader
You will be responsible to assist the GCC Marketing Manager to:
- increase top of mind awareness and emotional attributes of IKEA brand through several advertising campaigns for the IKEA Brand & Concept
- reach the required visitor volumes for optimal sales targets by assisting on daily operations
- increase IKEA presence in target consumers’ daily life cycles through PR, in store events, and commercial activities
Working with teams of different cultural backgrounds, diverse regions, and colliding priorities, high organisation skills and a clear vision of the marketing and business objectives is necessary. Being an excellent communicator is vital to this role. You should be able to ensure that all documents and requirements are kept organized and updated in a timely manner.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Strategy, Planning & Implementation
- Assist the marketing manager in creating the long term marketing strategies as well as the opening strategies for the existing and new stores in the covered territories.
- Assist the marketing manager in executing the vitality calendar activities and ensure the strategic priorities are reflected in the campaigns. Liaise with range for product selections and pricing as well as co-ordinate day to day work with other departments.
- Fluid and consistent internal communication, by informing all related parties (stores and other departments) about the marketing support and plans prior to activity launch.
Market Research and Surveys
- Assist and execute the briefs from the marketing manager for all covered territories for market research needs based on the regional marketing strategy.
- Co-ordinate with contracted research companies, to assess the brand market position and to ensure the placement of brand against a set benchmark.
- Conduct market analysing to help with understanding our target demographics, to assist the marketing team in business planning and new territory penetration plans. Gather insights and latest trends.
- Conduct and gather post campaign analysis on ground in each store to measure the effectiveness of the marketing and media campaign, leading to key takeaways for future planning.
Administrative work and budgeting
- Gather marketing team agendas and travel plans to create a concise overall view of team availability.
- Ensure the timely issuance of all store commercial permits with relevant government authorities
- Organization and keeping archive of all historic invoices, and financial documents.
- Assist in budgeting for all markets by keeping an updated file on media costs, media effectiveness, and keeping track of all invoices to the department.
- Following the group policy while signing up new vendors and issuing purchase orders and ensuring needed approval is receiving following set fourth policies and guidelines.
- Giving maximum assistance to the marketing manager on all new projects by executing the required tasks, and ensuring that required parties are communicated to in a timely manner.
- Actively contribute with ideas, and suggestions and liaise with all necessary departments (internal and external)
- Facilitate required documents and permits for internal projects and supporting the process of pass-outs, pass-ins, and all required internal documents for internal furniture procurement for the purpose of content production.
PR, Events, and Corporate Communication
- Support the PR agenda by ensuring PR releases are produced to support product range focus and strategy. Translation and proof reading of required PR releases and releasing them to the PR agency.
- Procuring and organizing gift hampers with the objective to increase word of mouth about IKEA products through Influencers / Bloggers / Media channels; leading to an increased purchase intent.
- Procuring and organizing team events and required gifts for corporate meetings and anniversaries.
- Ensuring IKEA offers and events are communicated periodically, (weekly or monthly) depending on the event or offer, to the corporate retail office and corporate communication team – aimed at increasing corporate transparency and alignment across different teams.
Local market support and reporting
- Establish fluid communication with the IKEA SO marketing team and partner malls with complete alignment of local store marketing management teams.
- Collate and collect reports of visitation, trends, events and calendars from different malls and communities that IKEA operates in. Analyzing and organized mentioned reports in a unified format to be reported to marketing head and SO management team.
- Ensuring regional and commercial business direction and requirements for PMAs are communicated and followed up on with store marketing responsible.
- Routinely align with local store marketing person and discuss each market’s local priorities, ideas, and execution. Organizing these ideas and requirements to be taken up to the marketing SO teams to provide sufficient support.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.