To conduct assigned flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of Air Arabia Operational Manual and in compliance with the GCAA/CAA related regulations. He/she must ensure ultimate safety, security, and efficiency are achieved throughout all operated flights supports and guides the flight/cabin crew, handle emergencies and ad-hoc scenarios effectively, and takes control over the flight to ensure successful performance and positive corporate image.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Flies the Air Arabia aircrafts from one destination to another in accordance with the given schedules andapproved flight plans carries his/her duties and acts as the ultimate responsible for the aircraft during theassigned flights taking into account the following key factors, in order of priority:
- i. Safety
- ii. Efficiency
- iii. Passenger comfort
- Ensures that assigned flights are conducted in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Air ArabiaOperations Manual and regulations. At all times, implements, monitors and maintains the procedures necessary to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the aircraft undertaken.
- Ensures timely attendance, proper grooming, fitness and legality of self and Flight Crew for the assignedflights. Conducts pre- flight Briefing to ensure members are acknowledged with flight detailscontinuously ensures briefing is properly done prior to each action as per the adopted procedures.
- Liaises with co-pilots (First Officer and Second Officer) and Dispatch Team prior to each flight ensuringflight/cabin crew members are well prepared and provided with required information, this includes aircrafttechnical status, route preferences, weather, fuel, weight, distribution of roles, etc.
- Ensures, within the safety constraints as detailed in the relevant sections of the Air Arabia OperationsManual, that the aircraft is flown so as to make most efficient and effective use of fuel during the flight.
- Ensures the required safety, security, fuel, and transit checks are carried for each flight by theFlight/Cabin assigned crew members before, during and post each flight. Takes necessary action anddirects the crew on how to react in case of safety or security irregularities decides on escalations ifneeded.
- Cooperates with the Maintenance Engineers to confirm the aircraft technical status and ensure itssuitability to fly seeks the support of MCC and MROs to raise possible concerns and identify any defectsor technical issues implements the rectification or corrective measure immediately where applicable.
- Makes sure all the needed documents and technical logs are loaded with necessary accurate data as perAir Arabia and GCAA/CAA regulations and adopted procedures. This includes the technical log book,journey book, boarding sheets, reports, etc.
- Ensures that the Air Arabia Operations Manual is distributed, accounted for, maintained, kept up todate, understood and complied with by Flight Crew.
- Keeps himself/herself up-to-date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such asCivil Aviation, GCAA/CAA, Airbus Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights andFlight Crew.
- Undertakes additional, ground based tasks such as Safety Officer or Security Officer, as directed by theHead of Flight Operations and in accordance with the provisions of Part A of the Air ArabiaOperations Manual.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Appropriate ATPL License is a must
- He/she must pass the technical/psychometric assessment for Pilots as per Air Arabia/GCAA/CAA standards.
- He/she must pass the Medical Fitness check-up carried for the Pilots as per Air Arabia/GCAA/CAA standards.
- Training in safety and emergency response is essential – a formal qualification is an advantage.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations training is an advantage.
- Crew Resources Management Training is considered an advantage.
- IATA principles & standards relating to security is an advantage.
- Proficient in Aircraft systems, proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Web Search.
- Very good in written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
- Minimum of 800 hrs as PIC on A320.
- Minimum of 2000hrs as PIC.
- Valid PPC/ IR
- Experience with low cost airline is highly desirable.
- Possesses acceptable industry knowledge in aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- He/she must possess needed knowledge and exposure to handle any other role delegated to him/her such as security or safety related roles as required by the Air Arabia and GCAA/CAA regulations.
- Exposure to QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
- Capable of implementing policies, procedures and manuals as per approved standards and regulations.
Salary & Benefits Summary
FLIGHT DECK CREW EMOLUMENTS – CAPTAIN
(All figures in AED i.e., United Arab Emirates Dirham)
Contract Type:Undetermined period contract
Details of Fixed Salary:
Flying Hours on A320 Type Less than 1500 PIC hours1500 to 3000 PIC hoursabove 3000 PIC hours
Basic AED 22,000 AED 24,000 AED 31,000
Housing allowance AED 12,000 AED 12,000 AED 12,000
Transportation allowance AED 2,000 AED 2,000 AED 2,000
Total fixed Remuneration AED 36,000 AED 38,000 AED 45,000
Flying Variable Pay for Credit Block hours
Hours Rate per Hr
1 to 25 hrs @ AED 35
26 to 50 hrs @ AED 80
51 to 75 hrs @ AED 150
76 hrs and above @ AED 280
- Day Flights will be paid @ 1 time the credit block hour’s allowance.
- Night flights will be paid @1.5 times the credit block hour’s allowance.
- You will further receive Duty pay of AED 10/- per actual flying duty hours.
- Working during off days: If you have been called for duty on your rostered day off, you will be paid AED 280/- in compensation.
(Example: on an average, 85 actual flying hours will be equivalent to 110 credit block hours)
- Education Allowance: You will be entitled to a monthly educational support allowance for up to 3 children between the age of 4 to 18 years, for an amount of AED 3,333/- per month per child studying in UAE and AED 2,083/- outside UAE for an academic year (12 months) for each child on pro rata basis.
- Private medical insurance: You will enjoy a cover for self, spouse and three children under the age of 18 years.
- Life & Accident insurance cover: As an employee, you will be covered under the scheme.
- Loss of License: You will be covered under Loss of License insurance – as per the prevailing LOL policy.
- Annual leave: 42 calendar days per year
- Annual ticket: Annual passage will be on economy class to the nearest international airport in the country of origin. On destination to which Air Arabia operates, the passage will be on Air Arabia only. This eligibility will be extended to spouse and three children up to the age of 18 years. On destinations to which the Company does not operate, the Company will decide on the airline of your travel. This could be a direct flight or a flight via any other destination. However, if Air Arabia operates on the said route (presently or in future) your tickets will be issued on Air Arabia only.
- Air Arabia travel benefits: Unlimited rebated standby tickets on Air Arabia and one set of free firm tickets for self, spouse and three children per annum on Air Arabia will be granted to confirmed employees.
- ID Travel benefits: Air Arabia is a part of the MyID Travel management platform and has tie ups with more than 30 airlines worldwide.
- You will be required to sign an amortized service undertaking bond for AED 60,000/- for a period of 03 years.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.