Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Engineering Manager to be a key member of the Enterprise Data & Business Intelligence organization leading the Data Lake/Warehouse team. You will lead a team of talented data engineers who build data pipelines, integrations, transformation workflows and manage our data lake/warehouse infrastructure and related tooling. You will help us drive the strategy and implementation of the central data lake and warehouse platforms that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio. You will work closely with product managers, other engineering leaders and business stakeholders on understanding the requirements and delivering solutions as per the business needs. As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in data engineering for large scale Data Lake/Warehouse systems and leadership experience building engineering teams. You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, and can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that the Data Warehouse team is working on the right things at the right time.
- Great managers consistently display good judgment. They are intellectually honest, transparent, and work together with others by fostering an authentic, inclusive environment. How will you serve as a model for fair decision-making within and beyond your team
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication – ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to stakeholders and adjust frequently.
- You will help define the long-term strategy and own the implementation of central data lake and warehouse with clearly articulated business value and technical rationale behind your decisions
- You’ll forge the vision for the central data warehouse platform and how it can make an impact at Twilio. There’s no instruction book, it’s yours to write. You’ll figure it out, ship it, and iterate. You’ll invent the future, but you won’t wing it.
- As a leader, you will be responsible for the well-being, delivery, and growth within the team. You will develop a culture of personal and team growth that encourages your team members to work together to achieve great outcomes
- Possess strong business acumen–you can communicate effectively with business stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Experience with agile delivery methods and leading teams operating in scrum environment
- Experience with at least one programming language Python, Java or Scala
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your point of view.
- Experience with data warehouse technologies like Redshift, Snowflake or related
- Experience with distributed systems like Presto, Spark, Airflow, Cassandra, Hadoop ecosystem
- Possess strong technical acumen–you can communicate effectively with engineers.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience directly managing team of software and data engineers with experience in hiring, mentoring and growing the team in a
- fast-paced company that delivers software
- 10+ years of experience implementing data warehouse, data lake, integrations at scale
- You are curious, empathetic, and have a good sense of humor.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing infrastructure and services in cloud environments AWS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Beach, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A