The Maintenance Support Technician Crossrail is responsible for the delivery of safety of line inspections, asset monitoring, maintenance, like for like renewal and enhancement works. This will include asset fault response, infrastructure inspection, asset data management and the safe delivery of reliability centered maintenance tasks.
Initially, the Maintenance Support Technician Crossrail will assist the Infrastructure management teams ensuring that the new Crossrail railway can be brought into service and be maintained safely, efficiently and effectively delivering defined Crossrail performance requirements.
Upon introduction of Crossrail into operation, the Maintenance Support Technician will assist the Principal MST’s in their responsibilities for the safety critical deployment and tactical delivery of the maintenance tasks, holding technical decision authority and execution of maintenance engineering stewardship plans, as part of cross functional teams.
The MEP Maintenance Support Technician is the technical support specialist to the Principle Maintenance Technician ensuring safety and reliability for MEP systems. Completing auditing and assurance that ensures delivery of the Asset Maintenance Management Plan. Providing systems stewardship and asset life improvements.
- Delivery and execution of Infrastructure maintenance works, renewals works, supervision and relevant technical approval of contracted labour maintenance services. This includes completion of infrastructure inspections, self-assurance checks and quality checks.
- Being part of the fault response teams and delivering maintenance tasks as defined by the Asset stewardship plans, complying with defined Crossrail standards, processes, procedures and performance to be delivered. The level of intervention includes defect rectification and safe completion of maintenance and renewals tasks.
- Deliver maintenance deployment plans with operations colleagues (including instruction to third party contracted labour), ensuring that the operational requirements align with the maintenance engineering asset management requirements and deliver a compliant, safe, operable and maintainable railway including the undertaking of on-call duties.
- Ensure Infrastructure and Asset maintenance standards are met by applying
- Assisting the Principle Maintenance Support Technician (PMST).
- Ensure compliance to applicable E&M and Fire (E&M) standards and operational requirements.
- Support technical analysis, troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and auditing to deliver a safe, operable and reliable railway.
- Helps to assure the right level of compliance and quality is achieved in the E&M works.
- Support evaluation of asset performance through asset review and data analysis & system evaluation.
- NVQ Level 2 minimum, Railway apprenticeship scheme or equivalent qualification to develop into NVQ Level 3
- Demonstrable understanding of the business structure of and agencies associated with the Rail Industry
- Demonstrable application of railway safety-related standards regime and processes
- Knowledge of Network Rail Safety standards
- Knowledge in Track systems and components.
- Knowledge of maintenance methods and techniques for Track assets
- Appreciation of Risk Based Maintenance and its application on Track assets.
- Knowledge of legislation, safety and standards
- Proficient knowledge of Building Services systems – electrical systems, fire systems and a strong mechanical.
- Good knowledge of maintenance methods and associated legislation and standards
- Good knowledge of railway systems and related engineering disciplines (Civil, Track, OHLE, S&T engineering).
- Appreciation of Reliability Based Maintenance and its application on E&M assets..
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A