Bose is a research company dedicated to developing breakthrough technologies and quality products that enrich people’s lives. To do so, we take a different approach than most companies. The result is a longstanding reputation for innovation and quality.
This position reports to the Global Third-Party Service (GTPS) organization within the Bose Corporation. The GTPS team manages relationships with third-party service centers across the globe who facilitate product repairs and product replacements for Bose customers.
This position acts as a subject matter expert for all Bose consumer and professional products, providing technical and operational support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel. Typical activities involve diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex hardware, software, and wireless/wired network related issues.
Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix consumer facing issues.
Identifies and reports field product hardware/software design and reliability issues, interacting with corporate colleagues to identify solutions.
Develop and provide repair training virtually or onsite for Third-Party service providers.
Using knowledge of field issues, creates newsletter to communicate solutions to Third-Party service providers regarding newly discovered product issues.
Provides operational support including authorizing case exceptions and partnering with internal colleagues to resolve service material concerns.
Monitors service levels and key performance indicators to ensure product repair turnaround times are met.
Approximately 10% travel required
Additional Job Description
- Continually develop a working knowledge of changing technology used in Bose consumer and professional product to provide repair level support to Third-Party engineers and technicians – electrical, mechanical, and software.
- Respond to escalated repair issues, providing solutions to our Third-Party service providers in India and Middle East.
- Create and deliver repair training to Third-Party service providers.
- Build strong working relationships with India and Middle East region Third-Party service providers.
- Be a contributor to the Bose Technical Services Group “Best Practices” team, presenting issues seen by Third-Party service providers.
- Work with service organizations to determine service options for products in and out of warranty.
- Able to read schematics and possess a working knowledge of complex electrical and software consumer and professional products.
- Operational knowledge of test equipment – Signal Generators, Multi-Meter, Oscilloscope, etc.
- Experience with component and software level troubleshooting
- Strong information systems skills – SAP, Power BI
- Microsoft office products – Word, Excel
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, organized and have strong interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Engineering or equivalent and minimum five years related work experience
Must speak fluent English.