The Clorox Company
Electro Creative Workshop, the internal agency at The Clorox Company, is looking for an experienced content creative professional to be Associate Creative Director for Burt’s Bees. This position reports to our Assoc. Creative Director, Design and leads creative projects for packaging and print. As ACD, you will partner with the visual design ACD to co-lead Electro’s work for the brand. You will be a guiding voice and creative spark leading your projects and directing copywriters, designers, illustrators, and other makers.
- Client Relationship —This is a client-facing role with responsibility for presentations up to the VP level.
- You’ll run creative meetings and manage discussions in partnership with the ACD, Design.
- At times, you’ll run these meetings without the ACD, Design present (as workload needs dictate).
- Provides ongoing thought leadership partnership to clients and attends brand meetings and workshops.
- Hands-on design—Create designs on packaging projects, print collateral and other projects as assigned.
- On print and packaging, you will create designs across all aspects of the consumer experience including at-shelf shopping, unboxing, “purse experience”, etc.
- You’ll also collaborate with the creative team to develop concepts for new products and seasonal campaigns.
- External Focus— Maintains a connection to external creative industry.
- Stays up to date on current trends in content creativity.
- Maintains a presense in the industry by participating in conferences, forums, and award shows.
- Keeps a constant eye on emerging talent to bring into the agency (vendors, artists, production companies, individual designers/writers, etc.).
- Process and organizational — Keep design efforts on track and meet schedule and budget expectations.
- Also contribute ideas and recommendations for ongoing organizational improvements (i.e. process and tools).
- Collaborate with project managers and account managers to ensure smooth, effecient workflow.
- Creative team management—Support the ACD, Design and help manage the team of designers and junior designers.
- Provide direction, inspiration, feedback, and creative expertise to the team.
- Help ensure that all Burt’s Bees work coming out of the team follows brand standards, system intention, and creative direction.
Qualification & Experience:
- Understanding of print production process including designing for a variety of packaging formats and substrates.
- Work in the consumer packaged goods categories required.
- Deep experience and knowledge in developing brand standards and identity systems
- Experience with packaging design a must.
- Other print experience including in-store displays, point of purchase, and other retail materials.
- Non-commercial artistic work. (We’d love to see examples of your other passions.)
- 10+ years experience in design in an agency or in-house creative group.
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Morrisville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A