We are looking for a Senior UX designer driven to create holistic products and services that are compelling, seamless and easy to use for thousands of our customers worldwide.
Our talented and collaborative multidisciplinary team is made up of design, research, content and prototyping specialists. Together we align around our objectives to provide value to our customers, colleagues and partners.
As a Senior UX designer, you will be focusing to champion our users’ needs by researching and discovering the underlying challenges that can become opportunities. Using the evidence acquired in the ethnographic and other research methods you’ll push the boundaries of the design and technology whilst contributing to creation of best practices and maintaining consistent experience across all of Tesco products and services. As a critical part of the enterprise tools design team, you’ll focus to design new and redesign existing product and service experiences.
With genuine appetite for complex information, you will have experience in deep user research, facilitation, ideation and technical implementation as well as a passion and energy for design and visual communication of your ideas. Insights and data (quant and qual) is what drives our team and you will use it to empower your decisions to support and enhance the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their evolving needs.
As our ideal candidate, you’re passionate about UX, love to understand the customers and are excited to champion their needs.
- Transforming complicated experiences into simple and intuitive solutions
- Take ownership of all end-to-end UX process activities, and champion human centered, customer focused experience design within immediate project area and in wider business
- Use appropriate UX research and design methods to bring the project team on the journey to deeply understand the user needs, goals, pain points and the underlying opportunities to improve our products and services.
- Apply deep systems thinking, service design, and think beyond the digital touchpoints or UI improvements as an optimal solution.
- Coordinate and conduct user-first discoveries, ethnographic research, as well as other appropriate behavioral and attitudinal research to help inform and evaluate design.
- Use multiple sources of data (quantitative measures and qualitative insights) research process to outline existing processes and ideate on the new experiences.
- Facilitate stakeholder (business and user) workshops, run appropriate ideation and participatory design sessions
- Storyboard, sketch, prototype and design delightful UI solutions that makes our user day-to-day lives better
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer’s needs and ensure consistency among features.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to Identify core customer missions, create user journeys and experiences that let our customers use our products seamlessly.
- In addition, work across the company’s multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles while contributing in development of our design system.
- Deep expertise in user research, end-to-end design process, ideation, UI prototyping, user testing, and implementation.
- Experience in service design and systems thinking. You can approach design process holistically considering all key touchpoints (digital and non-digital), and able to think beyond UI design as a go to solution
- Expertise with a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and ability to measure design impact
- Expertise in human centered discovery and ethnographic research. You’ll have a direct and unlimited access to our users.
- Expertise in appropriate research and design methods to deeply understand the as-is and propose to-be experiences
- Expertise in human factors, user psychology and what makes people tick
- Solid understanding of front-end, back-end, and the software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required).
- Ability to work in partnership with Product Managers, peer UX and UI designers, as well as Engineering to align user centered design vision and activities with our business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable experience in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or other related field.
- Proficiency with the following tools: Miro, Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and others.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hatfield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A