Title: Temporary Immigration Coordinator
Org Unit: Human Resources
Work Days: Sunday-Thursday
Responsible for full cycle support towards Immigration requirements and efficient administration of immigration services. This includes handling and processing of all official immigration documentation required by WCM-Q visitors, students, candidates, employees and their families. This role has primary responsibility for advising students and staff on topics related to immigration, Qatar regulations, travel etc. In addition, this role works closely with Human Capital and HR Services teams to ensure smooth operations of immigration procedures with new hires, departures and visitors.
- Prepares documentation in accordance with the State of Qatar and Qatar Foundation (QF)guidelines, to help WCM-Q staff and students establish residency in Qatar.
- Prepares applications and processes where applicable documentation such as local health cards, Qatari Drivers Licenses, visa paperwork etc. for applicants, sponsored employees/families and students.
- Ensures follow up until residency requirements are completed. Arranges appointments for medical screening, fingerprinting and other residency requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintains comprehensive immigration database and follow-ups for maintaining up to date documentation of employees and student passports, residency cards, health cards and other important immigration related paperwork.
- Coordinates with QF immigration office to obtain visas for WCM-Q visitors including family and visitors. Manages immigration documents and liaises related to WCM-Q travels and immigration needs.
- Processes all shopping carts orders for all related items in the immigration unit.
- Promptly communicates with employees about the status of their immigration applications/formalities as needed and to other to relevant parties such as hiring managers, HC/HR Services teams etc.
- Drafts routine correspondence in English/Arabic and creates templates required for immigration procedures.
- Tracks visa/work permit progress via immigration queue, updates visa information in HR system by maintaining/updating files, spreadsheets etc. and compiling statistical reports.
- Creates, maintains, and updates electronic and paper-based immigration records, including SAP, to track all immigration documentation for employees and their families. Ensure records are input in a timely fashion and are kept up to date
- Monitors the immigration hotline after office hours and communicates with QF staff for the desired results in urgent situations.
- Assists in the review and translation of job descriptions and other relevant documents.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline required with 3-4 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Qatar Immigration laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to provide a customer focused service and the ability to multi-task within demanding time frames.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Experience with Microsoft office products; including word processing, presentation software and spreadsheets.
- Well versed in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that’s committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side’s scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine’s powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients – the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.