As a Legal Counsel, you are a trusted advisor who thrives on providing high quality, independent and strategic legal advice to Telstra’s business units. Your strong technical expertise around legal matters and solutions coupled with your confidence and experience in liaising and negotiating with stakeholders is what makes you outstanding in your role. You make a significant impact to the business and Telstra’s most strategic projects, by helping to resolve complex issues, providing informed insights, and proposing innovative legal solutions that meet strategic objectives.
- Support senior management with strategic projects, by identifying legal issues and risks that may have a significant impact on the business, providing expert legal guidance, applying critical thinking, sharing informed insights and implementing innovative solutions that achieve strategic objectives and resolve complex legal issues
- Take accountability for legal activities through inception to execution, advising on deal structuring (in particular, in relation to energy suppy agreements), providing drafting and negotiation input, and ensuring careful management of budgets and external fees
- Be the energy subject matter expert for the team, by taking a leadership role to share knowledge and expertise of the energy industry in the broader legal team
- Authentically engage, build and maintain trusted and collaborative working relationships with legal teams across Telstra’s business units, as well as internal and external stakeholders, by assisting them with legal matters, processes and standards
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset when providing legal support to clients, by sharing great ideas and contributing to initiatives which help drive productivity improvements and maximise client experience outcomes
- Leverage your deep experience and technical know-how to provide high quality, independent and strategic legal advice to Telstra’s energy and procurement teams, helping to achieve good business outcomes while meeting legal and regulatory requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to engage with senior leaders and explain complex issues clearly and concisely, as well as balancing and prioritising workload.
- To be successful in the role, you’ll bring the following skills and experience :-Bachelor of Laws (or equivalent) and admitted to practice in Australia.
- Understanding of the energy market, including legal risks, energy regulatory issues and use of energy data.
- A minimum of four years’ experience PQE working in house at an energy supplier or energy retailer, or experience in private practice specialising in energy law and regulations (including National Energy Law and National Energy Rules).
- Experience in leading complex legal matters
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albany, AU
Application Deadline: N/A