The Indigenous Cultural Compliance Officer is a critical role at Telstra to ensure we meet our standards and obligations to our first nation’s people and ensure that we make it easy and affordable for them to access critical telecommunications services. They will act as a key second line overseer of how Telstra does business, and a powerful agent for cultural change at Telstra.
As the Indigenous Cultural Compliance Officer, you play a pivotal role in ensuring our organisation complies with consumer protection obligations and regulatory undertakings, with a core focus on consumer protection of Indigenous Australians and the cultural change needed at Telstra to enable it.
- Apply deep technical and professional expertise to manage Telstra’s compliance programs and group policies, testing controls as required and ensure ongoing auditing and reporting to maintain the integrity of programs.
- Contribute to the establishment and fulfilment of organisational compliance standards, leveraging your ability to comprehend complex data to prepare and coordinate operational risk management training sessions and manuals for employees, to maintain the quality and integrity of service to Telstra stakeholders.
- Collaborate and engage with key stakeholders across the organisation and gather relevant sources of information to build insights on risk and compliance issues to help facilitate. decision making and to lead continuous improvement initiatives at Telstra. Manage budgets and ensure all activity is in plan and in budget.
- Contribute to ongoing technical self-development by proactively researching regulatory bulletins and other sources of information to stay up to date with regulations and rules.
- Leverage substantial expertise and experience together with excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to assess and resolve potential issues/breaches and report outcomes to the Audit and Risk Committee.
- You effectively manage the compliance programs across our organisation, in a way that promotes compliant outcomes, mitigates risk and protects Telstra’s reputation. You do this through applying your passion for improving and driving compliance outcomes, impressive subject matter expertise and objectivity and fairness. Your keen attention to detail and exceptional analytical skills are applied on a daily basis to monitor organisational compliance and identify and escalate potential issues/breaches as needed.
- Gather relevant sources of information and insights to thoroughly understand various stakeholder needs and requirements, demonstrating an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment in order to manage team procedures, workflows and accountabilities and meet compliance documentation standards.
- Authentically engage with and effectively influence a range of stakeholders (external vendors, regulatory bodies and internal Telstra teams), leveraging subject matter expertise to effectively identify, analyse, and manage complex compliance issues across the organisation.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical advice to internal stakeholders (Functional Compliance Leads, Risk Management teams, Executives) on all compliance-related matters so that current obligations/principles are understood, using effective communication to ensure teams are both informed and trained when new legislation/policies come into effect.
- Ensure that the application of our compliance and consumer protection obligations are relevant to First Nation’s people and accommodate specific cultural needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Conflict Management
- A background in compliance, Risk Management and corporate governance
- You identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander OR demonstrate significant Indigenous cultural awareness and understanding.
- Effective communication
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mount Gambier, AU
Application Deadline: N/A