No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Technology Vendor Manager to join our Group Digital team.
The Vendor Manager will be responsible for developing and owning the Technology Vendor Management strategy for Digital EIT. Within this role, the individual will have the opportunity to establish and maintain strong vendor partnerships and identify means to optimise service levels and performance. A seasoned business leader with a broad skill-set which demonstrates analysis, excellent business judgment, and strong vendor management and negotiation skills. You will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent AFG at all levels of the organisation. Experience in business analytics, strategic thinking, negotiations and operations are required.
Primary responsibilities include owning the vendor relationships, monitoring vendors to ensure compliance with company policies and commitments, and owning the strategic relationships and Executive governance meetings.
To be successful as a Vendor Manager, you should be detail-oriented and adept at negotiating vendor contracts. Ultimately, an outstanding Vendor Manager should be able to multitask effectively as well as demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Vendor Onboarding
- Vendor Risk Management
- Vendor Governance and Reporting
- Vendor Communications
PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- Ten years of relevant Technology vendor experience in a medium to large organization.
- Experience with software licensing, hardware procurement, cloud contracting, and outsourcing agreements.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and determine priorities to meet deadlines
- Proven vendor relationship skills and experience
- Superior awareness and understanding of relevant technology industry trends and issues, as well as vendor organizations and business practices.
- Proficient understanding of financial concepts and practices as they relate to software licensing and contract management.
- The ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.