This role will be part of our Partner Ecosystem team in UAE that focuses on driving growth and success to IBM business partners and clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Technology Partner Seller (TPS) is the key point of contact and champion for their partners. They own and manage the relationship with partners, cultivating deep trust and orchestrating partner planning, strategy, and management. The TPS is responsible for Business Development with Key ISVs/CSPs to build IBM technology business through these key Partners. Key areas of focus are our Cloud & Data Platform, Security and AI Applications. They will frequently coordinate engagement from other partner sales roles and support teams to empower and enable their partners across all sales motions as they serve end users of IBM technology. The TPS is the primary point of contact and the face of IBM in the partner relationship.
The TPS is responsible for achieving the revenue target for their aligned partners, which could be delivered through a Build sales motions; Build: Partner builds new products on IBM technology and deploys to customers. To be successful in this partner-centric approach, the TPS must deeply understand what the partner is trying to achieve and develop a bespoke strategy to best support those goals. They will help manage pipeline development and the progression of deals, build detailed partner account plans, and align the partner’s go-to-market approach with IBM’s growth strategy. The TPS also advocates for partners within IBM and connects them with additional IBM resources as necessary.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of IBM Ecosystem mission and IBM’s strategy.
- Understand and drive the IBM strategy and portfolio into named Focus or Market Partners
- Working closely with the IBM Business Units, to ensure alignment to IBM and Partner client accounts
- Development and management of relationships with key executive, business and sales contacts across the Partners to build sales success, product adoption, trust, advocacy and performance improvement
- Leads the business and portfolio agenda at all levels of Partner management towards adoption of IBM Growth Offerings, specifically Hybrid Cloud and Data / AI.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from development, identification and progression of opportunities including possible client engagement for Sell-To or Build with IBM, contracting and negotiations
- Drives Partners to adopt IBM technology as the basis for their solutions & as part of reference architectures and business case value. Enable the Partner’s pre-sales and delivery capability to ensure that IBM technology is used and deployed.
- Act as a trusted advisor with assigned Partners on issues related to solution design, architectural fit, product strategy and roadmap alignment.
- Use IBM technical resources to vet Partner proposals and solutions for IBM product content and the value add of IBM technology in the overall solution.
- Articulating how technology can solve business issues, advising assigned Partners on the latest technology trends, best practices and technology solutions, and teaming with Business Units technical resources to deliver “Build with” workshops to identify new solutions/enhance existing solutions for potential Build and Services agreements.
- Remain current on Ecosystem Programmes, IBM products/services/solutions, technical productivity tools, competitive offerings and approaches. Ensure that all of these are delivered effectively for use within Partner
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Outstanding Selling Skills and Deep Understanding of Public Cloud, AI, Automation and Integration SW business.
- Proven track record in achieving success in a sales and relationship management role, successful engagements, deals helped to close, successful deployments of solutions.
- Experience in growing business partners and managing BPs
- Uses knowledge to influence, advise and motivate Tech Partners and IBMers towards accomplishing a common goal
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Critical competencies: Presentation Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Organizational Agility, Business skills, Negotiation, Drive for Results
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.