Job description / Role
The role is a Sourcing Category Manager for the entire technology (software) spend. Executing the overall strategy aligning the demand/supply (i.e. procurement) of goods and services for specific sourcing category areas of responsibilities.
Our client is based in the UAE with a profile in banking and serves as a financial service institution and offers financial solutions, products and services.
* The Category Manager will provide direction and experienced guidance to Sourcing Manager(s) and Transactional Buyer(s) assigned to the category, to ensure suppliers and contracts are delivering value for money, minimizing risk, and improving service
* Provides leadership and accountability, ensuring process compliance and delivering optimal sourcing benefits from category management.
* Ensures best commercial value is negotiated and obtained for purchases.
* Specifically prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, select and identify most appropriate supplier (price, quality, conditions)
* Works with the Head of Sourcing to define Category strategy, setting performance objectives and monitoring progress.
* Collaborates with stakeholders to create, manage, and execute category plans
* Ensure that Sourcing Category Management is aligned with the company’s corporate Strategies, in cooperation with business planning and strategy and delivers results to the bottom line.
* Ensures that market intelligence is updated regularly and – ensures that any changes are updated in the category strategy and the appropriate steps are taken accordingly to mitigate any potential impact that this information may have to the organization
Excellent exposure within the context of a unique opportunity in a significant organization