ADNOC (Abu Dhabi National Oil Company)
3. JOB PURPOSE:
Manage the process engineering activities to ensure optimum product yields, quality and equipment performance e to achieve ADNOC Sour Gas business objectives. Provides process engineering support to the operations Department, ensures the troubleshooting of plant operations of process units.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Direct and supervise activities of Process Engineering to ensure Company objectives for maximizing revenues / profits are fully implemented.
- Troubleshoot and recommend cost effective optimum solutions for Operating problems to optimize operations, enhanced plant availability and improved operational efficiency. Assures timely deliverables of the Process Engineering personnel.
- Provide technical services and assistance to other teams like Instrumentation, Maintenance, Asset Integrity, and Laboratory as required.
- Enforce the implementation ADNOC Sour Gas Health, Safety and Environment Management System (HSE-MS) and promote awareness of its use among his staff.
- Analyze plant performance for sustained operation ensuring optimum product yields, product qualities and efficient utilization of energy/chemicals. Monitor feed stock variation and utilize opportunities for further improvement.
- Act as Group leader for catalyst performance monitoring catalyst/molecular sieve unloading, loading, test runs for analysis of unit performance, process bottlenecks, and increasing unit throughput.
- Initiate process studies for Plant changes/modifications, participates in and supports HAZOP studies. Participate in HSEIA, QRA and risk assessment to enhance plant safety.
- Coordinate with Technical Services Division in Abu Dhabi in resolving on-going and outstanding operational issues.
- Ensure the application of modern computer based tools as HYSIS, PHD. LIMS to achieve optimum performance.
- Review existing technologies and recommends new technologies for improvement to suit company business objectives.
- Compile / provide input for preparation of division/department Capital and Operating Budgets and monitor annual expenditure budgets.
- Ensures that timely, accurate and regular reports are prepared and submitted to the Technical Department Manager like daily health reports, monthly status of chemical/ energy consumption, and process safety status reports.
- Participates in all aspects of the Operations department’s maintenance planning and implementation, including the review of plant Shutdown, Start-up and Turnaround
- Ensures compliance with all Company HSE policies and procedures and ADNOC engineering standards.
- Provides complete process engineering support for new projects including major and minor categories.
- Assure On Job Trading to meet Competency Based Training Programs for UAE Nationalization within the department.
- Perform other similar or related duties, as required.
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the team to achieve the Department objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Team in line with Department objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the team and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the team in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the team budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved team policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the team in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Team KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Team that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the team.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the team in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all team employees to meet HSE standards.
- Prepare all the MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years’ experience in Gas Processing Plants with sound knowledge / about Sour Gas Treating, Gas Dehydration, NGL Recovery, Condensate Hydrotreating, Sulphur Recovery and Sulphur Granulation technologies within a large industrial organization, with at least 5 years in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships with staff and project contractors with a focus on collaboration.
- Excellent supervisory, planning and problem solving skills.
- Strong decision making ability and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under stress.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English language. Knowledge of Arabic is preferable.
- PROACT RCA Methodology is preferable.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.