TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and servicesTD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com
- Candidate will take an active part in developing and implementing TD Bank’s new Qualified Financial Contract compliance program,
- As well as in maintaining and enhancing TD’s existing Volcker Compliance Program. Reporting to the Director, Operations & Swap Dealer Compliance,
- Candidate must have experience in performing regulatory analysis and in developing and implementing compliance programs in environments that embrace the “Three Lines of Defense” approach.
- Assist the business with implementing and documenting various supervisory control mechanisms.
- Provide a high level of customer service to our internal clients and stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact for internal inquiries.
- Provide stakeholders with real-time interpretive guidance on applicable regulatory requirements, industry trends, and best practices.
- Analyze new regulations and participate in business impact assessments and working sessions to help support and drive critical regulatory implementations.
- Analyze regulatory changes and developments that impact in-scope areas. Advise stakeholders regarding impacts to business-as-usual activities, as well as net new regulatory requirements.
- Draft interpretive memoranda and implement, and maintain relevant policies and procedures, including applicable compliance manuals.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver electronic and live regulatory compliance training.
- Participate in internal investigations, respond to regulatory inquiries, draft responses to regulatory examination questions, guide stakeholders through exam-related remediations, and coordinate internal and external audits and management responses.
- Develop and implement compliance monitoring and testing activities for covered business areas.
- Evaluate regulatory guidance and recent enforcement activity to help foster line-of-business awareness, as well as shape compliance resource allocation and strategic direction.
- Participate in compliance risk assessments to help confirm effective business control framework.
- Provide ongoing reporting to senior management.
- Develop and deliver proactive strategies and tactics that support compliance and business objectives.
- Explore and delivery process improvements to drive efficiency and streamline existing workflows.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5-8 years of relevant compliance advisory experience. Similar experience with a regulator or law firm will be considered
- Strong knowledge of the Volcker Rule required. Knowledge of Qualified Financial Contract (QFC) Resolution
- Stay Regulations and QFC Recordkeeping requirements a plus
- Specific experience in providing legal, regulatory, or compliance advice to regulated entities
- Knowledge of applicable securities laws, rules and regulations with the ability to assess firm impact.
- Specifically, SEC, CFTC, FED, OCC, FINRA, NFA, FDIC
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and due diligence
- Ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory and compliance decisions in a fast-paced and delivery-focused environment
- Ability to project confidence and professionalism in dealings with senior business personnel
- Knowledge of risk management, audits, technology infrastructure, and global booking models preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment; leveraging and sharing best practices and insights with
- colleagues globally
- JD strongly preferred
Company: TD Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Business Development ,Sale
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A