Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services – Legal – Entity Governance & Compliance – Senior Associate – Dubai
Line of Service
Legal Services – Employment & Pensions
Job Description & Summary
PwC Legal has over 2500 lawyers and legal professionals in 85 countries, making us the most geographically extensive legal services network in the world. In the Middle East, we have a team of 40 people based in Dubai and the firm is looking to expand across the GCC. PwC Legal Dubai comprises corporate/commercial, government, consulting, immigration and entity governance & compliance practices. Our clients include the region’s Sovereign Wealth Funds and multinational companies with a presence on the ground, as well as both local businesses and family offices of all sizes.
This role is working as part of the Entity Governance & Compliance (Company Secretarial) team located in Dubai.
Our Entity Governance & Compliance team is a market leading global practice which specialises in helping clients to enhance their approach to the governance and compliance of their legal entities around the world. The team in Dubai is busy and fast growing and has a vacancy for a Senior Associate to assist with the provision of compliance, consulting and governance services to a wide range of clients (both local and international). The role requires a bright, well organised and enthusiastic individual who enjoys project management. The role requires someone who enjoys being part of a dynamic team, who is proactive and offers the potential for both client and internal international secondments.
– Key involvement in assisting with the co-ordination of the provision of company secretarial (compliance, consulting and governance) services to a wide range of both local and international clients.
– Supporting senior colleagues with the incorporation / establishment of new entities in the UAE.
– Ensuring statutory compliance deadlines (e.g. license renewals, accounts filings) are met and completed on time.
– Providing support to senior colleagues in the co-ordination of compliance services. This may involve participating on client calls and preparing client deliverables.
– Ensuring effective, timely and accurate administration of client’s corporate databases.
– Assisting senior colleagues with the delivery of consulting and governance services.
– Direct contact with client representatives, including convening conference calls and meetings as and when required.
– Helping to coordinate the delivery of global company secretarial services to our clients. Working with colleagues in across our Middle Eastern offices and our international teams where appropriate.
– Actively working with client engagement teams in the execution of the project deliverables.
– Organise engagement teams to meet client timetable, to work towards and meet engagement team objectives.
– Balance the needs and expectations of various client engagement teams.
– Support in managing projects to ensure deadlines are met, recommending efficiency savings to ensure that this is the case.
– Attend client and engagement team meetings, prepare notes / material in advance, take notes of the meeting, distribute actions plan and ensure actions have been completed.
– Fully understand and ensure the engagement team follow PwC’s protocols for record keeping and document handling.
– Leveraging technology so that our systems effectively support the engagement team’s work processes.
– Provide regular updates of relevant client information to all members of the engagement team using various databases, research tools, the internet, etc.
– Create and actively support an environment which enables the sharing and application of knowledge, and storing precedents within PwC Legal’s knowledge database.
– Undertake proposal research including identification and relevant collation of information.
– Whilst working in the Entity Governance & Compliance team you will not only develop your regional and international technical knowledge of the company secretarial profession, you will also have access to the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.