Job description / Role
Line of Service
Customs & International Trade
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Middle East Customs and international Trade practice, within our Tax line of service, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their customs and tax obligations across the Middle East and globally. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas customs and trade affairs as a strategic consultant to their business.
Our Middle East team helps organisations manage their customs and indirect tax liabilities in an efficient manner to improve in cash flow optimisation and risk reduction. You’ll help with structuring business transactions, developing efficient supply chain models, handling customs audits and disputes and identify automation opportunities for customs and trade processes.
You will form part of our wider Middle East Indirect Tax practice, and you will have the opportunity to address import and export VAT matters as well as Excise Tax, among other critical Indirect Tax aspects of the international trade activity of our clients. Also, as part of our Middle East Tax practice, you will be involved in projects addressing the complexities around Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation, M&A transactions and International Tax restructuring.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution
– Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
– Be involved in the financial management of clients
– Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
– Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
– Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
– Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
– Train, coach, and supervise team members
– Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand