A sales force of specialized consultants who provide tailored suggestions and solutions through active selling and compelling visual merchandising presentations that inspire guests and build the basket. Teams in A&A, Beauty and Electronics prioritize guest experience while blending completion of tasks that ensure product is available and easy to shop – pulling, filling, pricing, setting, staging and maintaining the sales floor and the backroom.
- Drive total store sales, understand your role in sales growth, and how your departments and team contribute to and impact total store profitability.
- Create a guest-obsessed culture and lead your team to prioritize the guest experience and deliver on store sales goals.
- Create schedules and make adjustments as needed to align to guest traffic and business needs.
- Manage your team to effectively plan merchandising and pricing workload including transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling and promotions
- Know and assess the competition; and leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
- Build a team of consultants that are knowledgeable and passionate about Apparel and Accessories, Beauty, and Electronics.
- Manage and develop a sales force using selling training techniques.
- Manage apparel Backroom and sales floor replenishment.
- Lead your team to deliver inspiring visual moments in A&A, Home, Baby, and other seasonally relevant areas.
- Ensure fitting rooms are used as an extension of the sales floor and are welcoming.
- Plan, lead and follow-up on organizational and operational change.
- Anticipate and identify changes in unique store trends.
- Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit – both long and short term.
- Develop and coach your team and team leaders to elevate the skills and expertise of the team.
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management.
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- All other duties based on business needs.
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first culture on your team
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Ability to manage multiple specialty businesses and balance team member expertise in each area to effectively manage teams in each department
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to leverage insights that drive business objectives in each specialty department
- Skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent management of hourly team members and leader
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Experience setting and planning department(s) monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver on sales goals
- Experience managing a team of hourly team members and leaders; and creating business specific strategies and goals
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales Business Development
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A